forum

Dimming of individual skin elements and cursor scale

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Franc[e]sco
It would be nice to be able to dim individual skin elements through the settings without having to make a custom skin just to make 300's invisible or to change the opacity of hit circles and stuff like that.

The dimmable elements would include:
- Cursor
- Approach circles
- Hit circles
- Hit circle overlays
- Combo numbers
- 300's, 200's, 100's, and 50's
- Follow points
- Cursor trail

The dimming would be a slider that goes from 0% to 100% transparent and it could be added as an advanced skin options menu.
Also, this settings page would include a cursor scale setting that goes from 0.01x to, say, 10x.

Some users like the default skin and usually edit it just to remove 300's and stuff like that, so it would be a handy addition.
deadbeat
i'd personally rather just disable the skin and use my custom one
puncia
Take a star
Dexus

deadbeat wrote:

i'd personally rather just disable the skin and use my custom one
Abel
NO, this is an insult to all mappers there
a skin was made to play with it, if you dont like it you delete it, but you dont reduce its capacities
If you dont like the Skin in a map, pass the map 1 time and disable the skin like we all do, but never again, do such request
Dexus

Abel wrote:

a skin was made to play with it, if you dont like it you delete it, but you dont reduce its capacities
If you dont like the Skin in a map, pass the map 1 time and disable the skin like we all do, but never again, do such request
You really can't stop everyone from requesting this. It's going to keep happening until peppy gives in just like with the background dim in the recent update.

I think skins should've been done to a separate database and then songs could request it like it used to do. This would reduce duplicate skins within multiple songs themselves and if people wanted to they could opt to not get a skin.
TouchFluffyTail

Abel wrote:

70% of map forced skins are complete garbage, some unplayably so, you have no idea how glad I was when peppy made supporter able to bypass the 'play once to funspoiler' thing.

Also, the OP said nowhere that this was about a funspoiler dim option on map skin elements. Every single post in this thread isn't even about what the OP is talking about, (s)he's talking about a special menu option set for dimming your skin's current elements. Which is a completely useless idea since it takes less than 10 seconds to do what that menu would accomplish outside of game. If you don't want to take a minute of your time to learn how to make your 300s invisible then go into the skinning forum's tutorial thread and ask for someone to give you blank .pngs.
Abel

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

I think I know more in skining than most of people here

Dexus wrote:

As you can see, I am not a supporter so I dont have disabled the 1 time play for fun spoiler, so I have to play with map skin too, yet, in my PC it lags like hell, even that, the skin allows you to "experience the map" how the mapper wanted, please, no request like those, this should be [invalid] already
Dexus
apparently the latest update not only lets you fully dim, but also lets you disable skins, so this request is moot.
jesse1412
This sounds like FAR too much clutter for the dim settings.
Topic Starter
Franc[e]sco

Dexus wrote:

apparently the latest update not only lets you fully dim, but also lets you disable skins, so this request is moot.
This is not about disabling custom skin elements. It's about hiding / making transparent certain elements of the CURRENT skin so that you can play around with the hit circles / 300's opacity and stuff like that without having to edit the skin you're using or making a custom skin.
Also, this way some of the forced skins would become bearable by fading out annoying elements and stuff (I will still disable them though).