forum

osu! skin mixer - Create a skin mix in a couple clicks.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rednir

Create a skin mix in a couple clicks.

This is a tool that aims to get rid the days of opening your skins folder, editing .png images and watching tutorials.

It makes tinkering and editing skins a walk in the park, providing an easy to use interface that requires no prior knowledge of skinning.

Features

Create a skin mix in seconds
  1. Choose what hitcircles to use, what sounds you want etc.. and it's done! - no need to scour through your skins folder in file explorer.
  2. Expand an option by clicking its arrow button to explore a myriad of sub-options; you can even choose a specific .png file!

Modify your existing skins
  1. Want to quickly change the cursor of a skin, or multiple skins at once?
  2. Or.. do you want to convert a skin to use a smooth cursor trail, instant-fading hitcircles or an invisible cursor?
  3. A couple clicks and your modified skin is ready to go!

Manage your skins folder
  1. A place to view a preview of your skin, duplicate or delete it from your system. Search for a skin and open it directly in osu!
  2. Do you have loads of skins? You can hide skins so they don't show up in osu! + restore them at any time from the skin manager.

Akitake
I was just thinking that nobody had made this, and that it'd be really useful to quicky pick groups of elements from various skin and mix them.

Thank you so very much, and good idea to use Godot, it's awesome!
Might contribute in the future if help is needed.

Works flawlessly in my case, aside from the fact it didn't transfer the AnimationFramerate skin.ini property from the "UI" skin I chose, so I had to update that manually.
Topic Starter
rednir

Akitake wrote:

I was just thinking that nobody had made this, and that it'd be really useful to quicky pick groups of elements from various skin and mix them.

Thank you so very much, and good idea to use Godot, it's awesome!
Might contribute in the future if help is needed.

Works flawlessly in my case, aside from the fact it didn't transfer the AnimationFramerate skin.ini property from the "UI" skin I chose, so I had to update that manually.
AnimationFramerate is taken from the gameplay skin, as follow points can kinda get messed up otherwise. It's a trade off either way :/

Anyway I'm glad you've found it helpful! And yeah, godot is great.
Topic Starter
rednir

osu! skin mixer v2 has been released!

And it has just gotten a lot more useful:

- Along with creating a skin mix in seconds, you can now modify elements of your existing skins.
- Change the hitcircles of a skin, the menus and more with ease.
- You can even convert skins to use instant-fading hitcircles, or a smooth cursor trail - all without opening your skins folder once.
- Search and see a preview of your skins in the new skin manager, and open them in-game with just a click.
- Have a lot of skins? Hide them so they don't show up in osu!
- Even more available now and coming soon!

Download link
Selithrarion
thanks!! good ui 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Nacrus
separate option for scorebar-bg would be great
Topic Starter
rednir

Nacrus wrote:

interface/in-game/health bar/background
mmatt
super cool
Nacrus

rednir wrote:

Nacrus wrote:

I didn't know there was more detailed options available, pointer doesn't react when it's on a button -_-
Topic Starter
rednir

Nacrus wrote:

rednir wrote:

Nacrus wrote:

I didn't know there was more detailed options available, pointer doesn't react when it's on a button -_-
usually theres an expand hint that shows if youve never clicked on the expand button before, maybe you missed it?

Nacrus
That might be the case
h3oCharles
kinda necro cuz i just found out about this program

wow, making a mixed skin in seconds is something i never thought i needed in osu!, and it's amazing

some details i'd like to report:
- spinner-rpm should be part of the interface, as it usually is encompassed with score numbers, unless some of the more gimmicky spinners get mixed in (idk how to handle that one)
- combo colors should recieve an overhaul on how they behave. there's no preview on which color is what, there's no easy way to reorder them, and there's no color picker
- for long-trail cursors, all you have to do is have a blank cursormiddle. you do not have to rename the cursor to become cursormiddle. You can have a blank named cursormiddle and it'll work just fine, and keep in mind that cursormiddle does not expand when CursorExpand is enabled
- some way to make backups would be cool, cuz if u accidentaly override a skin that you wanted to copy from and there's no way to bring it back, it'll be a problem
- this might be a scretch, but you could try adding AI upscaling into the program - if an element doesn't have an HD counterpart, then upscale one, using waifu2x or sth
- if a scorebar-bg has additional touch-ups, like the top-right corner etc., there's no easy way to keep that thingy alongside a separate scorebar (like the one from that scorebar generator that uses Aesthetic as base)

will probs come back to this once more thoughts will spruce up
Topic Starter
rednir

h3oCharles wrote:

kinda necro cuz i just found out about this program

wow, making a mixed skin in seconds is something i never thought i needed in osu!, and it's amazing

some details i'd like to report:
- spinner-rpm should be part of the interface, as it usually is encompassed with score numbers, unless some of the more gimmicky spinners get mixed in (idk how to handle that one)
- combo colors should recieve an overhaul on how they behave. there's no preview on which color is what, there's no easy way to reorder them, and there's no color picker
- for long-trail cursors, all you have to do is have a blank cursormiddle. you do not have to rename the cursor to become cursormiddle. You can have a blank named cursormiddle and it'll work just fine, and keep in mind that cursormiddle does not expand when CursorExpand is enabled
- some way to make backups would be cool, cuz if u accidentaly override a skin that you wanted to copy from and there's no way to bring it back, it'll be a problem
- this might be a scretch, but you could try adding AI upscaling into the program - if an element doesn't have an HD counterpart, then upscale one, using waifu2x or sth
- if a scorebar-bg has additional touch-ups, like the top-right corner etc., there's no easy way to keep that thingy alongside a separate scorebar (like the one from that scorebar generator that uses Aesthetic as base)

will probs come back to this once more thoughts will spruce up
some good ideas and concerns in here, thank you for the detailed review. will definitely address these points with future updates.

theres already ways to make backups of skins:
• skin modifier -> "make a copy of the skins first"
• skin manager -> right click a skin -> duplicate
• or if you accidently overwrite a skin before backing it up, click the history icon in the top right to restore your changes
h3oCharles
two more things i thought of before i lose sight of them

- skin.ini toggles should just be toggles in the interface
- if a skin has a different hit100 and hit100k and in the mix i want 100 and 100k be the same, there's no easy way to do it (unless you know that you can open an image editor, or know how to use a batch renamer, problem is worse if it's an animated hitburst)
Akira640
One of the best software you could've given to the community. Easy access to all skin elements, smart and beautiful user interface, clever way to check skin's status after completing it. Everything looks so well thought and made right for the player. Really, an amazing work to say the least. Keep up dude.
Topic Starter
rednir

Akira640 wrote:

One of the best software you could've given to the community. Easy access to all skin elements, smart and beautiful user interface, clever way to check skin's status after completing it. Everything looks so well thought and made right for the player. Really, an amazing work to say the least. Keep up dude.
thank you, glad to have been of help!
mrmqnoi
make it so, you can actually edit the osumania skins in the program
h3oCharles

mrmqnoi wrote:

make it so, you can actually edit the osumania skins in the program
it might be a bit of a nightmare, cuz over half of mania skinning is in skin.ini

more feedback from me
spinner-warning is actually part of osu!taiko, it's a "note" that indicates start of a spinner in that mode
speaking of spinners, it'd be nice to split spinners to new and old style, and put a warning which spinner style would get used
Topic Starter
rednir

h3oCharles wrote:

- for long-trail cursors, all you have to do is have a blank cursormiddle. you do not have to rename the cursor to become cursormiddle. You can have a blank named cursormiddle and it'll work just fine
this doesn't work for me, am i missing something
h3oCharles

rednir wrote:

this doesn't work for me, am i missing something
looks fine to me, have you tried reloading the skin? CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S
show more