forum

7k thumbs and stuffs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Entropy21
since 7k use the spacebar, how do you press them? one thumb or both thumbs, or maybe not at all(adding pinky finger instead). also what are your keybinds?

i recently got into 7k and i find myself playing more 7k than 4k, so i want to hear some thoughts on this :)
-Andrei-
All about what you’re comfortable with I think jakads presses the space bar with his 2 thumbs but most people I see just use their thumbs

My preferable keybind are:
Q W O Space P [ ] - I use a 61% keyboard

Anyways just try what you’re good with. It took me a week to get used to pressing space bar
Haengsyo

-Andrei- wrote:

All about what you’re comfortable with I think jakads presses the space bar with his 2 thumbs but most people I see just use their thumbs
Couldn't have summarized it better. But the reason why you don't see people play pinky for 7k is because the pinky is anatomically the weakest finger. You are objectively much better off playing with your thumb than your pinky. Regarding both thumbs, you can learn it if you want since it is preference, but Jakads has mentioned that it is not worth learning both thumbs, and that you might as well just learn 1. I personally use my left thumb(I'm right handed) and I use keys ZXC[space],./ on my keyboard.

Fun thought: I always wondered if anyone could play 7k with ring middle index thumb on one hand and middle index thumb on the other instead of the standard ring middle index thumb index middle ring layout. If you use this, it theoretically eliminates the difficulty of learning ring/middle finger independence on one hand entirely. I'm not sure how viable this is, but try experimenting!
matvey_dub

Haengsyo wrote:

Fun thought: I always wondered if anyone could play 7k with ring middle index thumb on one hand and middle index thumb on the other instead of the standard ring middle index thumb index middle ring layout. If you use this, it theoretically eliminates the difficulty of learning ring/middle finger independence on one hand entirely. I'm not sure how viable this is, but try experimenting!
You better learn 10k straightaway in that case then.

Regarding initial question, I use asd space l;' and left thumb, agreeing with Haengsyo and Andrei.
McEndu
Default keybindings, spacebar on right thumb
Haengsyo

matvey_dub wrote:

You better learn 10k straightaway in that case then.

Regarding initial question, I use asd space l;' and left thumb, agreeing with Haengsyo and Andrei.
Fun Fact: Blueplanet(rank 54) uses that playstyle, which proves my thought of it being viable :D