forum

Song Requests [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zezin
I am very incompetent when it comes to things like making beatmaps that's best left for people who have half a clue what they are doing. (Yes I looked up tutorials and everything) but there are some very great songs that sometimes I feel shocked aren't a ranked map on osu! .

So for those like me who know some great anime openings/closings or other songs commonly found on osu! there should be a sub-forum where you can post a request for someone who makes beatmaps and is also bored out of their minds.
Just let people link an audio file and an appropriate video/image to go with and then hope a beatmapper may like the song and decide to make a map for it.

It's probably more complicated than that but it's 1:00 where I am and I know I'd forget if I didn't post this now. It's just something I really want to see.
Aoko
This isn't appropriate. If you want a particular song to be mapped, map it yourself.
Not all mappers around have time to spare and it isn't easy to map a beatmap.
neonat
Yep this isn't appropriate. If you want a song, you should just try and map it yourself. It's not like a thread for such a thing never existed, it just wasn't a good idea.
Topic Starter
Zezin
My point. Mapping isn't easy. But it's a hobby correct?
Some people like me who are incapable of making the maps they dream to play. No seriously, I can barely play osu! because of my "Benign Essential Tremors" much less make a beatmap.
I don't want to bore anyone with a stupid sob story of growing up with a rare case of B.E.T. so I'll leave it at that.
DakeDekaane
Indeed, it's a hobby, and I bet almost every mapper has their own projects, and basically the old thread was closed because almost no one took request from there.

Nobody knows how to map nicely for first time, but you definitely should give a try, with enough practice, mapping skills become better.
Shohei Ohtani
Beatmap requests usually aren't taken, and most that are seemingly taken are often coincidential.

There's nothing outright wrong with having a beatmap request thread. However, it's pointless. Very rarely have I seen a mapper go like "Looking for songs to map!". If it's like my case, it's more like "I have too many songs to map!"

So even if there was a thread like that again, it wouldn't get anything done. Best bet to do is to pretty much map on your own, or be friends with a mapper and hope they take your request or something (Which is very rare. I've been on both ends of this and usually neither gets solved.)

Also, don't be afraid to play unranked maps. Just because a map is in the graveyard doesn't mean its bad. Many times that's where people will find the songs they want.
Topic Starter
Zezin

DakeDekaane wrote:

with enough practice
You don't get it. I am literally incapable of making a beatmap I have tried. I have a black sheep case of B.E.T. it's the reason I only play Catch the Beat. It's the only one my hands can handle.

DakeDekaane wrote:

the old thread was closed because almost no one took request from there
I also thank you for the much gentler explanation than I got from neonat and Aoko. See as you can tell from my number of posts I have never actually visted the forums before so there was no way I would have known there was a failed attempt at this.

I just came here because I was discussing this with a friend earlier today (or yesterday I guess) and he said "There is a place on the forums where you can put in requests you should post this." well I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea.
deadbeat
as already stated, there used to be a area where you could do this, but was locked due to little requests being taken. if you really want something mapped, try ask a friend ingame or something :)