posted
Total Posts
show more
Haneii

Brian OA wrote:

There's that annoying mentality again.
What mentality?

Aurani wrote:

certain threads that obviously promise a yield of around 0 percent of interesting, intelligently written posts.
Try some hand-over-hand help and save the threads. Mods, find the gem/potential in a thread and edit the OP and see how it goes (that is if they're salvageable. That's where you have to be quick :P). Users, derail efficiently and attempt to save the thread + lengthen its lifespan~
Aurani
#SaveTheTreads

No, but seriously, how hard is it for people to understand that self-improvement through sharing different perspectives is better than eating each other's virtual feces whilst stroking their dick?
Bweh

Haneii wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

There's that annoying mentality again.
What mentality?
The mentality that claims that because we are in Off-Topic, everything must be shit.

Haneii wrote:

Try some hand-over-hand help and save the threads. Mods, find the gem/potential in a thread and edit the OP and see how it goes (that is if they're salvageable. That's where you have to be quick :P). Users, derail efficiently and attempt to save the thread + lengthen its lifespan~
If you were clever enough you don't need mod intervention. Not every thread is born to be a gem, and some have the potential but everyone just shits on it.
B1rd
Off topic seems normal to me. What kind of standards are you people expecting? This is just a video game forum.
Bweh
Kinda what the bungie forums were before they rehauled everything.
Vuelo Eluko
b1rd knows whats up
Aurani
It is the common immaturity of people here that shits on the quality.
First I blamed it on the average age of your fag here due to FG setting a record for utter idiocy, but then I remembered that I had some insanely vibrant discussions on the Ikariam Forum - where every 3rd person is 17, yet they were as mature as other, older people there and even were informed enough to lead whole waves of debates versus said older people without a problem.

So no, neither age nor the fact that this is a video game forum decided on the outcome of its quality - it is just the sheer narrow-mindedness and immaturity of most people here, as they wouldn't be able to take care of a fucking rotten piece of toast, let alone argue on the viability of insurance companies' economic contribution to X nation's tourism and the like.
Trash Boat
Does playing fighting games with keyboard counts as destroying it?
bigfeh

Aurani wrote:

So no, neither age nor the fact that this is a video game forum decided on the outcome of its quality - it is just the sheer narrow-mindedness and immaturity of most people here, as they wouldn't be able to take care of a fucking rotten piece of toast, let alone argue on the viability of insurance companies' economic contribution to X nation's tourism and the like.
Seconding this, because it's exactly what I was going to write and what came to mind after I read the first paragraph. Props for thinking just like me

@edit

Trash Boat wrote:

Does playing fighting games with keyboard counts as destroying it?
If you're using it as input method for a computer fighting game, no

If you're playing fighting games with your keyboard, yeah, probably
Zelda

Oopsie.
bigfeh

Zelda wrote:

Oopsie.
where's that screengrab from?
Friendan
Is that No Man's Sky? Probably not, I've definitely seen that, but don't know where it's from
Zelda
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

It's a very pretty game
xch00F

Aurani wrote:

I am once again saying that my posts have no connection to the story you were discussing. I am just saying what I think in general.

So, let's say the guy steals 500 Dollars and a cop arrests him, yet he runs away - the cop says he will SHOOT if the guy doesn't stop (take note that he didn't specify WHERE he will shoot, only that he will use the gun) and the guy still runs away..... tell me one good argument that goes against the police officer if he kills him.

The guy gave no fucks about the policeman yelling that he WILL use his gun, therefore abusing the rights that he has as a human to shield him from the cop.
The cop may be trained, but if you've ever held a firearm, you will have noticed that it doesn't have laser-guided bullets, and tends to NOT go where you aimed - therefore it is MUCH safer to shoot him in the torso than aim for the legs and potentially miss him.
Third one is that if the guy running away actually runs because of a shitty 500 Dollars, he is disrespecting his own life's value by putting it at risk for a shitty thing like that, so why should a cop value it more than him? Basic life lesson, mate - no one will care about you more than you will yourself.
If the guy does something more severe than 500 Dollars, he deserves to get shot anyways.

hey yeah good post but uh the police officer shot multiple times into his back
the effective range of a 9mm handgun is usually around 50 meters, he was significantly closer than that. most police carry smith and wesson m&ps, which have a few different magazine sizes. he shot quite a few times, so he came fairly close to emptying an entire magazine into a dude's back

he failed to use escalation of force, he should have shot at his legs to disable; being within effective range he would have hit at least once

he fully intended to kill this person

I've held more weapons than you probably have and while guns aren't laser guided, it's pretty fucking trivial to hit a target running in a straight line with a 9mm handgun at 25 ft
SaigonAlice

Choofers wrote:

he failed to use escalation of force, he should have shot at his legs to disable; being within effective range he would have hit at least once

he fully intended to kill this person
but apparently

EneT wrote:

SaigonAlice wrote:

If someone escapes from a cop, shouldn't only a single shot suffice in capturing them - preferably in the leg? I mean, Cops are supposed to be trained.
Unfortunately, cops in America aren't legally allowed to do that (Shooting people in the leg); in America when a cop shoots, he shoots to kill. This is because if a cop were to shoot someone and let them live, tax dollars would be lost taking care of the guy and then they would have the right to sue (and yes, win). It's really stupid.

Hika wrote:

god fuckin bless.
STOP APPROPRIATING MY CATCHPHRASE HEATHENS
Friendan

Choofers wrote:

I've held more weapons than you probably have and while guns aren't laser guided, it's pretty fucking trivial to hit a target running in a straight line with a 9mm handgun at 25 ft
I think it's different after being retaliated and nervous and when shooting a person.
B1rd
In my opinion guns should be used for self defense and the threat of killing someone should not be used as leverage to make them obey you.

Aurani wrote:

it is just the sheer narrow-mindedness and immaturity of most people here.
Are you implying that this isn't the mean? Because unfortunately I think it is. If you look at the demographics there is no reason to expect particularly high calibre people to come here.

hmm maybe the anime is worth watching after all

also firefox is a fucking trash browser
Yuudachi-kun
Hello, B1rd.
Friendan
hi khel
I know I'm not B1rd, but
AutoMedic

Friendan wrote:

hi khel
I know I'm not B1rd, but
shut up bread
BackOffMe50ft
hi automedic
SaigonAlice
Vuelo Eluko
i don't even have health insurance, ain't got money to burn on that shit. I'll wait til I'm old to start caring.
Aurani

B1rd wrote:

Are you implying that this isn't the mean? Because unfortunately I think it is. If you look at the demographics there is no reason to expect particularly high calibre people to come here.
But you are stating that there is no reason to strive for a better future of this Forum just because the majority are fucking morons.

I want to believe that there are better people just waiting to come here - but they won't come out of their hiding as long as we allow people here to set the standard with their utterly pointless and downright braindead threads.

You are never going to draw the elite in by serving in a filthy restaurant with only 1 shitty meal on the menu.

Edit: Watch the Russian military parade - fucking jaw-dropping.
Even Serbia is participating as their honorary ally.
-sev
Some people need to go outside more
SaigonAlice
I wonder if it's plausible to have two separate Off Topic forums? One for shitposting farmers like B1rd and another for civilised nobility like me, EneT and Aurani.
In a modern day monarchy, everyone wins. God Bless.

Kaienyuu wrote:

Like who?
silmarilen
have you tried general discussion?
Ceph23
I spent my birthday today inside a house without electricity. Amazing.
At least I got to re-evaluate my life
-sev

SaigonAlice wrote:

Like who?
Take an educated guess.
Apex_old
untitled
Trash Boat

SaigonAlice wrote:

I wonder if it's plausible to have two separate Off Topic forums? One for shitposting farmers like B1rd and another for civilised nobility like me, EneT and Aurani.
Ehem. *points at Surveys subforum*

You are welcome. God bless South America.
Friendan
GOAT movie
so, at the beginning, is the guy playing osu! with 10.00x sensitivity and BPM 300 DT or is it just horrible impressions of CS:GO? I know the girl at the end is definitely pretending to play osu!
Apex_old
untitled
silmarilen
that mother's day thread didnt last long
AutoMedic

Kaienyuu wrote:

I was about to make a pun about the four stooges that keep filling the ITT thread with tolerable content but meh
Aurani

Ceph23 wrote:

I spent my birthday today inside a house without electricity. Amazing.
At least I got to re-evaluate my life
Happy B-day mate! Can I too get some cake?
Pretty please?
SaigonAlice

Kaienyuu wrote:

SaigonAlice wrote:

Like who?
Take an educated guess.
Riince, Khel, B1rd god I hope I'm not included

Trash Boat wrote:

SaigonAlice wrote:

Ehem. *points at Surveys subforum*

You are welcome. God bless South America.
I'm assuming you think the Survey forum is where quality posts are at? Unfortunately no. Check the sexual orientation poll, it's a massive cesspool of unoriginal anti-tumblr jokes (even though I made one of them).

God bless.
Yuudachi-kun
Tumblr in action right here
B1rd
So there is a SJW here on osu! forums now? That is one demographic I think we didn't need.
S i R i R u

B1rd wrote:

So there is a SJW here on osu! forums now? That is one demographic I think we didn't need.
Shut up you cis-hetero white male. You're triggering me right now!
show more