ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kanye West
fix your posture
Birdy
Amianki
I have a day off from work and I don't know what to do.
Bweh
Lift weights
Run marathons
Write stories
Preach
Rejoice
Fap
Go to bed
Trash Boat
or bake some cookies. I hope to not be late for that Avatar movie contest
Bweh
Oh yeah, cookies are a good idea too. Get some friends to help and/or share them at work later.
Lewder

dkun wrote:

man this is why we can't have nice things, you dolts
i'm pretty sure you locking fucking everything is why
Trash Boat
and this is the part where i don't know if you were talking to Caligno or just being sarcastic, Brian
Lewder
not sarcasm, he was agreeing with your reply to calignobot

i honestly have no idea how you're having such huge difficulties detecting whether something is sarcasm or not

actually i do but i dont want to be that rude

like, im just going by the common sense of cookies are never a bad idea and if brian thinks so he's a cunttttttttttt
Bweh
Of course they're a good idea

Have you never had a coworker or classmate just randomly go around one day, handing cookies around? That's the kind of shit that brightens up your day after a shitty workload of making models and spreadsheets.

EDIT: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7JEFF9mvs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spseKv7jtmY

Much hype
Lewder
dude for real

i got cupcakes from a classmate once and i was so fucking happy
her little sister had baked them for her to hand out to her friends and then she called her sister over to us so we could thank her and it was the most adorable fucking thing ever
>tfw no adorable af as fuck cupcake baking sister
Bweh
>tfw your quarter sister loses her purity over time
Aqo

CalignoBot wrote:

I have a day off from work and I don't know what to do.
raise up your girls by farming 3-2-A
silmarilen
and i thought we finally had some decent mods in off-topic
guess i was wrong
Granger

Aqo wrote:

it was 5am and I went to sleep
morning kanye

for those who don't get why getting three nagatos is bad, you can't use the same ship more than once on the same fleet...
also in response to granger it takes like half a hour to register on kancolle it's not a big deal

the next registration is tomorrow at 11:00 GMT+9, that's 14:30 hours from the moment of this post. it lasts for an hour. just register it's ezpz
I'm probably gonna make another account to milk out the midway event that's coming in august ;w;
Dont you need to wait for the lottery, register over a proxy, click on something during the lottery (and that not too fast, else you lower your chances) and hope you win?
Lewder

silmarilen wrote:

and i thought we finally had some decent mods in off-topic
guess i was wrong
yeah, i think its fine if dkun wants to moderate off-topic he just has to stop moderating it like it was any other board
as soon as anything is derailed he locks it, which is the implied course of action to take place to any thread posted on this board and people starting threads should be aware of it by now
Trash Boat
there's still dadbeard, but he's not here that often
Hika
106 degrees at the beach
wtf

anyways my friend got stung by a jellyfish and we saw 10 tentacle marks on her leg GGGGG
Vish024
What's that in non-American? 41 C. Pff been there done that.
Vuelo Eluko
thought i should post this here:
RemiFlan
I wish the US would actually use metric system. It's so much more simple
kirueggy

Riince wrote:

thought i should post this here:
Gee, what does this post add to the thread?

RemiFlan wrote:

I wish the US would actually use metric system. It's so much more simple
No more stupid conversions thank goodness.

But then we'd all have to change a bunch of shit... and you know america won't do anything because it's lazy
Kanye West
It's not laziness, it's cost. Changing to the metric system would involve changing every single road sign and re-educating the older generations. That's millions of road signs and billions of dollars in paying workers, not to mention hours and resources wasted. It's not worth justifying the cost when you can just learn both metric and imperial and learn to use metric when addressing foreigners and imperial amongst ourselves.

OT: I can't handle any heat at all, anything above maybe 27C and im done. Well on the flip side I comfortably wear shorts up to like -5C so, np
Aurani
Considering how much the US spends on military maintenance over the course of just one single month, the monetary problem wouldn't be all that big, however re-educating people, as well as changing everything for the sake of something so insignificant is just utterly wasteful in both resources and time. It is by far easier to just let the people learn both systems, than doing that.
Vish024
The US should've undergone metrication decades ago like Australia and Canada.
Kanye West
The infrastructure in both Australia and Canada are a fraction of the US. So, it's much easier and less resource-intensive for you guys to make fundamental changes like that.

There's probably more roads in my state then there is in the entirety of Australia. So it's approximately fifty times harder for us to change to metric than you guys did. It's not worth it.
Aurani
To be quite honest, the whole topic is rather silly, as it's extremely obvious from the start that it is way easier to just leave it as it is, rather than change it just so people don't have to learn. Can you still call yourself human if you have no desire to learn something new every day?
Granger
But that would take... *gasph* Effort. Effort neither the american goverment nor the citizens is willing to do, be it changing the system, or encouraging the learning of both systems or (for the citizens) to learn both.

On that note, my inbox is hungry Aurani, why wont you feed it a little? c:
Kanye West

Granger wrote:

But that would take... *gasph* Effort. Effort neither the american goverment nor the citizens is willing to do, be it changing the system, or encouraging the learning of both systems or (for the citizens) to learn both.
Being lazy =/= electing not to waste time on pointless things
Jazz
Honestly I think it would be easier for everyone if everyone just used the same system
I do agree with Kanye that it would cost a lot to change it for a country as big as America but converting English to Metric all the time would also cost a lot of time, effort and worse, money.
It is because of the accuracy, for sure the conversion of one yard to meters is not exact to the last centimeter or millimeter and measurements is important to Ergonomics, Engineering, Architecture and other fields that involves design and inaccuracy may and can lead to accidents.
Aurani

Granger wrote:

I'll give my best to feed it during the day, as I haven't slept for over 2 days for some ungodly reason..... might be due to adjusting all the plans for welcoming someone and my sheer inability to cope with certain peripheral problems..... oh well, fuck it, I'll message you once I wake up~
Vish024
Yeah the US is too big and it's too late for metrication. I'm sure most Americans have developed an understanding of the metric system, especially when they come into contact with foreigners.

Also just discovered that the only thing better than banana bread is toasted banana bread.
Bweh
But most people already know both.

Honestly, I already deal with both systems and it's not really that big of a deal. I'm pretty comfortable with the imperial system for hands-on work (furniture, small scale) and the metric system for just about anything else (geography, real estate, large scale). I'm not pulling my hairs out over it.
Aurani

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Also just discovered that the only thing better than banana bread is toasted banana bread.
You have to try the toasted garlic/mayo banana bread too - it's delicious.
Kanye West

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Yeah the US is too big and it's too late for metrication. I'm sure most Americans have developed an understanding of the metric system, especially when they come into contact with foreigners.

I never used imperial units beyond 5th grade. Most (non-ancient) Americans only use imperial for travel distance or sometimes sports (but not other distances), weighing themselves (but objects are all grams/kg), and weather (but not temperatures in other situations, say like, a chemistry experiment or body temperature). We use SI units for pretty much everything else, which includes professional work such as research, architecture etc. Even here if you use a non-SI unit when talking to an engineer you're going to get bitch slapped.

Oh and zucchini bread is pretty good too. Less sugar, more fiber and same great taste.
Granger
Ah the good ol "its too late" argument again. I dont even want to tell how stupid and pointless that is.
Of course, doing the change all at once is too much work, expecially for something large as the entire US.

But, expecially since most do know both already, the change can be done gradually. Go dual, change slowly to metric only. Same for Road signs and all that, those have to be replaced sometime anyways for mainentance, and when that happens you place the new metric signs.
It'll take a lot of time sure, but it wont be much more work than normal street mainentance already is.

Aurani wrote:

Granger wrote:

I'll give my best to feed it during the day, as I haven't slept for over 2 days for some ungodly reason..... might be due to adjusting all the plans for welcoming someone and my sheer inability to cope with certain peripheral problems..... oh well, fuck it, I'll message you once I wake up~
Allright, my sleep rythm is a bit messed up lately too, i think ill go to sleep soonish too, so its actually better this way. :V
Kanye West
There's no point to changing gradually either. It's better to be consistent rather than half the road signs being in one unit and the other half being in another. That's just as stupid. It's better to just use both and keep the existing infrastructure. There's no good reason to change it in the first place.
Aqo

Granger wrote:

Dont you need to wait for the lottery, register over a proxy, click on something during the lottery (and that not too fast, else you lower your chances) and hope you win?
your chances of winning are practically 100% these days
they open 3500 slots each time and there's no that many people registering each time now
AutoMedic
Morning Bob
Lewder
is there anything more bachelor than watching cooking shows while eating instant ramen?
show more