gevulde vis
Seiuji
deine mama
NotEvenDoomMusic
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Seiuji

sad,,, day
Bweh
Yet the system ought to be prioritizing the quality of scores. Quantity simply proves consistency, and in Andrea's case it only proves consistency up to a certain level, where that level isn't all that high. I mean yeah sure, Andrea is a good player, but certainly not one deserving top 10. At the very least, there are many other players that set much better scores consistently enough.

Mr Color wrote:

rrtyui
It's not as if Andrea could've beaten Taiwan. If rrtyui were as consistent as Andrea then sure, but the only guy that had that much skill and consistency got himself purposefully banned.

rrtyui isn't consistent because he's playing the hardest maps, and despite that he's still capable of setting some of the best scores in the game. I agree consistency ought to mean something, but only as much as the skill it's backing. That said, Andrea hardly deserves the rank ppv2 says, and the same can be said of countless others.

Seiuji wrote:

me irl ?!?!?! :-)
go back to skype or something please
Zeraph
feld get out ur not krn
Cyclohexane
The thing is that skill is largely irrelevant in this. You have to understand how it plays out first. If you were to get a performance that is considered as groundbreaking, what would you get, 50pp tops? Probably exaggerating there, even. You do this on one map, two maps, ten maps, it's enough to be in the top 100.

On the other hand, you go play a regular map. You S it, maybe SS, perhaps top 50. You get 2-3 pp. you repeat the process until there are no more maps to play. You'll get a huge rank for it whether you like it or not. Is it faulty? No, you did decent on those score and are rewarded for them (a little bit, but you're rewarded still).

You're not farming, you're not drilling, you're just playing. You're not doing anything that could possibly weigh things in your favor.

And this is exactly it: the only reason why Andrea is so high is because he's gotten those ever so small rewards over and over and over. We're literally talking 1pp per 100 maps. If that's too much, I fear for the non pro players of this game. Give perfs the bigger chunk of the cake and everyone is stuck at 0pp forever except for a few 100/200 players.
ZenoDiac
Seiuji
wha....
Yoeri
wow u stoled mi sig
Zeraph
get a room fagits
Bweh

Mr Color wrote:

the only reason why Andrea is so high is because he's gotten those ever so small rewards over and over and over. We're literally talking 1pp per 100 maps. If that's too much, I fear for the non pro players of this game. Give perfs the bigger chunk of the cake and everyone is stuck at 0pp forever except for a few 100/200 players.
That's not how it works.

PP's value changes as it piles up. If you keep setting the same kind of score over and over again you'll eventually hit a cap. That's the magic behind it. Just think about it: getting 100 pp at rank #30000 isn't the same as 100 pp at rank #200. It's exponential, not linear. That's why people aren't stuck at 0pp. That's why non pros can rise up; to a certain degree.

The thing is that skill is largely irrelevant in this.
And that would be the greatest flaw. Otherwise, what criteria is this ranking system based on? Like I said, we already have the score ranking for checking track record or—if you want to call it that—effort. What's pp out there for, then? What's the point when worse players are ranked higher than players better than them? How's that fair?
Seiuji
did not???

go fuck Reuben or sumthaNG XDXDXD
snowblind
U foken fogets
Tanzklaue

Brian OA wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

the only reason why Andrea is so high is because he's gotten those ever so small rewards over and over and over. We're literally talking 1pp per 100 maps. If that's too much, I fear for the non pro players of this game. Give perfs the bigger chunk of the cake and everyone is stuck at 0pp forever except for a few 100/200 players.
That's not how it works.

PP's value changes as it piles up. If you keep setting the same kind of score over and over again you'll eventually hit a cap. That's the magic behind it. Just think about it: getting 100 pp at rank #30000 isn't the same as 100 pp at rank #200. It's exponential, not linear. That's why people aren't stuck at 0pp. That's why non pros can rise up; to a certain degree.

The thing is that skill is largely irrelevant in this.
And that would be the greatest flaw. Otherwise, what criteria is this ranking system based on? Like I said, we already have the score ranking for checking track record or—if you want to call it that—effort. What's pp out there for, then? What's the point when worse players are ranked higher than players better than them? How's that fair?
ppv2 is apparently there to show progression, not skill. what progression in this case is, how it is measured, why andrea does progress more than rrtyui, we don't know. we also never will know that because peppy won't ever reveal how his precious system works.

why you would need a progression system if you have a score ranking is also beyond me.
Seiuji
no fuck dig blatte jävel
snowblind
Håll käft
Seiuji
Nej, gå iväg benjamin
snowblind
Cyclohexane
whatever, it's all speculah at this point. Nobody knows what the hell they're talking about and that's the main reason why peppy is being very caustic on the matter.

I'll be laughing when people realize that 99% people that are mad that pp is disabled is because they farmed maps to get pp in the first place
Seiuji
Birdy
can i just ask why those two niggers aren't banned yet
NotEvenDoomMusic

Static Noise Bird wrote:

can i just ask why those two niggers aren't banned yet
Kanye West
wtf failed.
Quaraezha
"Eureka Seven" is an anagram of "Keanu Reeves"

thelewa

Mr Color wrote:

whatever, it's all speculah at this point. Nobody knows what the hell they're talking about and that's the main reason why peppy is being very caustic on the matter.

I'll be laughing when people realize that 99% people that are mad that pp is disabled is because they farmed maps to get pp in the first place
you mean some people haven't realized that yet?

I thought Silynn was the one who gave it away for everyone to realize

GladiOol wrote:

So playing a lot of maps and getting consistent ranks on it = skill ¿

Man, that Tarantino account of mine would be #1 then. Fucking getting consistent SS ranks #1 everywhere like a true boss. I guess PP was accurate after all. Because it's so hard to get an SS on a random map.
it is incredibly hard andrea best player
Sethlied
Kanye West

thelewa wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

you mean some people haven't realized that yet?

I thought Silynn was the one who gave it away for everyone to realize

GladiOol wrote:

So playing a lot of maps and getting consistent ranks on it = skill ¿

Man, that Tarantino account of mine would be #1 then. Fucking getting consistent SS ranks #1 everywhere like a true boss. I guess PP was accurate after all. Because it's so hard to get an SS on a random map.
it is incredibly hard andrea best player
no, ryuu is the best player
Apex_old

Sethlied wrote:

"Average IQ of indigenous populations according to Lynn (2006)"
Ceph23

Apex wrote:

Sethlied wrote:

"Average IQ of indigenous populations according to Lynn (2006)"
oh I was wondering what that diagram meant.
Cyclohexane

Apex wrote:

Sethlied wrote:

"Average IQ of indigenous populations according to Christopher Poole (2006)"
Fixed
Apex_old

Mr Color wrote:

Apex wrote:

"Average IQ of indigenous populations according to Christopher Poole (2006)"
Fixed
He must be Chinese.
Seph