forum

About Leveling UP! (Have I/You been improving or not)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rokad Ee
Hello there! Don't mind introductions.

There's a kink that suddenly came to my mind and I wanted to ask that for a few days.

I am a 46 level player currently, and I can only master 3*(4k) to the rank of (S, A, B, C). I have more than 1000 beatmaps. I'm a beginner here and it's only been a few months (6 or 8 months maybe). I sometimes saw some streams and videos about osu! on youtube (Some players at my level are better than me- That's what I saw).

So I was thinking is 46 level good for a 3* star player? I, in my perception, think that I still need more time and practice before I can master 3*(4k) mostly into A ranking (All of them are B rank except only very few are C or D). All I ever did was S rank almost all of the 'less than 1 star', 1 star, 2 star, 3 star (reast of them are B ranks).
So it did boost my level but didn't boost my finger enough for to start 4* though, so I still keep playing 3 star. It is changing my level steadily at a weird rate (No software problem though). But still can't compete with 4* properly. Someties at multiplayer I see some player with 43/44 levels are mature enough to play even 5* and do scores like 60,0000...... 700,000 without saying ouch.

Has it been always like this for players? Or is there some logical defects in leveling?

How are you guys holding up? Sorry for gramatical errors
timebombed
Everyone progresses differently, but I wouuld say level 46 is pretty average for your level.

Im dumb so I just play the game a lot and suddenly I'm level 93, honestly dunno how that happened
john9912
I'm not even sure how level is calculated, for example I only have 7 million hits, while timebombed^ has 16 million, yet we're only 1 level apart...
DeltaNami
I think it has something to do with playing more ranked maps/difficulties, and will award you more exp if you play new maps and new diffs. I play a lot of accuracy low star maps, which is why my level is almost 98, but someone who plays many of the same maps or plays unranked maps might have a lower level, even if their skill level is the same.

(Also, don't worry about being a certain level at your skill range; no one looks or cares about it, and it's only really there for bragging rights lmao)
Hoshimegu Mio
IDK I have only 75 levels which is somehow lower than a lot of people at my rank range. Maybe it's because I played ranked all the time and not many graveyards.
Rikuka
level 97 and yea derusting all the time
-Andrei-
i saw people as 3 digit and they are level 57 i'd say it depends on the skill level and how much maps you play, I used to actively farm for 1st place so I played a shit ton of beatmaps which explains the reason im level 83