forum

I just made my first beatmap and have no clue what i'm doing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Depotatoduchess
just made this
beatmapsets/1609361#osu/3286080
and I have no clue if I meet all the criteria, or what I should put as the difficulty, looking for feedback.

thx in advance!
Machiavellian
wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria

there is a ton of rules to follow which is a huge pain. A two star diff would probably be an easy difficulty. I don't know much of anything in regards on how to map, but I do know as a player the map doesn't feel great to play. For a two star you should have a low hp drain like maybe 2 on the low side and 5 on the highest side as any higher is too punishing for new players. Same thing with the cs, 5 is probably too small for an easy diff, I would recommend 3ish for a two star. OD 5 is fine for the diff. Also the bpm is wrong, you have it as 216 when it is actually 108. Also the source for a song shouldn't be a link, but something like "Big Hero 6". For the actual mapping I would highly recommend you to watch pishifat's videos on youtube on how to map, he has a lot of high quality tutorials :)
DeletedUser_26691559
Also: it's not like you're just gonna get ranked if you make a good enough map.

The mapping process is competitive, and it definitely isn't passive at all.

You'll have to put effort if you want to get ranked. I'd recommend watching Pishifat's video on the ranking process, and his video called "in 5 minutes". They're pretty good at describing what you'll be in for.

I'd also recommend checking out the modding queues.