forum

Osu! mania: Half time farming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I've recently started playing 6 star maps on half time, and getting a ton of pp and ranks. I managed to gain 1k ranks in a day, from 16,000 to 15,000. After farming a couple of 6 stars on half time, I saw that I was gaining ranks too quickly and I started to question the overall system, whether or not my current rank right now spoke out my true skill.

Do you guys think it's just a normal skill spike for me, or do you think half time farming is just a broken way to pp farm without any real skill benefits?
luxrayy
rank does not necessarily equal skill, so while you’re quickly gaining ranks, you’re not actually improving all that much to justify the ranks you gained (farming)

ht farming is fine, a lot of people with similar ranks as you do it, but yeah imo it doesn’t give you much of an improvement to your overall gameplay and if your main goal is improvement, you’re better off playing more nomod
DeltaNami
I'm pretty sure everyone Ht farms at some point, and that only means you're catching up to other people of similar skill level in the rankings. If you're playing them for ranks and doing HT on every ranked map possible to get pp then that's a bit much imo. However, you can definitely use it on some maps to practice harder patterns or even stamina. At that point though, just use a rate changer as it'll be more flexible than just 0.75x
Rikuka
last resort lastdiff halftime pp stonks
:D

farming is fine tho , atleast don't regret it after you farming so hard but sometimes lack of skills
Hoshimegu Mio

Rikuka wrote:

last resort lastdiff halftime pp stonks
:D

farming is fine tho , atleast don't regret it after you farming so hard but sometimes lack of skills
I can't even get close to passing Last Resort HT LOL.

I don't really farm pp now TBH. I usually just play 7*-8* LN maps and also improve on 7K (does not seem to be going well lately).