forum

Beatmap Preview is not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bboybrian
Beatmap in question -> beatmapsets/1597614#osu/3262714

I got my mp3 by converting a youtube link, using https://320ytmp3.com/en17/ and bitrate of 192kbps. I have tried replacing the preview point as well, no change.

I need help pls :)
THAT_otaku
Ayo Zelzatter where you at?

Use an mp3 for the song from an official source, yt converters A) are bad don't use them, use music you actually own the rights too and B) have had many encoding issues etc lately so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the issue is
WitherMite
any youtube to mp3 converter saying it can get you a file above ~128-160kbps is lying and just giving you a file that's been encoded higher, meaning its not actually any better quality, in many cases it can lower quality - you cant get information that doesn't exist. you'll never be able to rip a decent quality mp3 from youtube

as for the preview point thing, idk, looked at the audio file in spek and it is actually an mp3, though upscaled. I'm not sure what's causing the problem unless you replaced a file that wasnt actually an mp3 and the website just hasn't updated yet, which can take a pretty long time.
Topic Starter
bboybrian

WitherMite wrote:

the website just hasn't updated yet, which can take a pretty long time.
Alright thanks for both replies. I have since replaced the mp3 with the mp3 from another map of the same song, so hopefully once the website updates it will be fine