forum

Gravedigger [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
There's a lot of beatmaps in the graveyard now.... lots of unfinished maps that could've been ranked and songs that many people favour~

So, I've been thinking, instead of having people download those maps from the graveyard just to take the mp3 file and map their own, maybe add a new system that allow other users to claim, or "gravedig" other people's dead files for reviving..

Course, it shouldn't be just so simple as asking "Can I revive [someone]'s [song] and claim it for myself?". There are lots of beatmaps that are also graved even though they could've been ranked...

So here's how I think it should work-
-Allow everyone to be able to see the "If you want to revive this map...." under any other user profile
-When clicked ^ it should show a PM to the user who you want to claim the map/song from to ask if they allow it to be claimed or discuss how much can be taken (like some diffs or sb) -edit- then both users consort to a single BAT or GMT for the "transaction"
-If the user who originally submitted the song is inactive, ask a certain amount of BATs/GMTs (maybe 3 or so?) and have them decide if they allow the claimee to claim the map or not.
-If the map is claimed, the song will be moved to the claimee's profile with all of the old posts and history of original submitter (of course having all posted locked), but all under the claimee's name now.
-The person who claimed the maps must make at least two of his/her own difficulty and give full credit if using one of original mapper's diffs, and three diffs of their own if using two of original mapper's (I don't believe there should be more than 5 diffs, so stopping there), but having the responsibility of fixing the changes from mods
-If the claimee decides to graveyard the map... it should be strict, very very strict about allowing so
-If the graved map had priority stars, a certain amount of kudosu should be used to keep them (maybe 10? so if the map had more than 6 stars, the claimee is getting a bargain for all of them)
-If the map is ranked, the claimee gets the "credit" for Creator, but original mapper's credit should be forced on thread

I'm hoping this "system" would solve-

-people complaining or distressing about how certain maps got graved because their original submit(ters) are inactive or just didn't bother anymore
-instead of having people submit the same song over and over, just have someone take it from the grave, save some server space (probably not a lot though)
-there more of a "reason" for having such a massive graveyard...? It's like a song shop~

This might be an annoying system to take care of, so if this passes... maybe..
-only allow people with ranked maps to be allowed to revive other people's?
-add a #graveyard (lol)
-Have certain players/BAT/GMT be the graveyard caretakers, so the other BAT/GMT don't have to "get their hands dirty"

-runs-away-now-
Starrodkirby86
#graveyard...I'm totally going to blast it with so many Yu-Gi-Oh references that it should be named the Shadow Realm. :|

The person who claimed the maps must make at least two of his/her own difficulty and give full credit if using one of original mapper's diffs, and three diffs of their own if using two of original mapper's (I don't believe there should be more than 5 diffs, so stopping there), but having the responsibility of fixing the changes from mods
I'm not quite excited about this particular thing here. Some maps do fine with only two difficulties. Some maps do great with four, and five is just quite a high number. :?

Eh, I don't know.

Sounds promising, however, I mean, this whole idea.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
The person who claimed the maps must make at least two of his/her own difficulty and give full credit if using one of original mapper's diffs, and three diffs of their own if using two of original mapper's (I don't believe there should be more than 5 diffs, so stopping there), but having the responsibility of fixing the changes from mods
Too much words to read....?
Starrodkirby86
I did read that. =3=;

I still don't like that particular idea though. Just my own opinion. Whatever, you can always get another Guest difficulty to fill it in, I suppose. :D
rust45
I think this is a great idea, I see plenty of graveyarded maps that I'm sure some people wanted ranked. Seems like it would be a lot of work to implement this though. I do agree with having the use one of the original diffs if ranked, but the problem I see with that is if any of the diffs had problems, then the gravedigger wouldn't be able to edit them for the sake of it getting ranked unless someone kept track that whenever the edited the map it was only mod suggestions. But making two new diffs, I think one new diff would be fine.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
I don't think this is a very good idea.

Has this been a real problem? I don't think so. For the few cases which need this feature, you can just upload the map yourself.

There are reasons other than abandonment a map can be graveyarded, too, and those need to be considered.

I can't come up with a good argument right now but this system wouldn't really work or be useful.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
Gabi
it seems like a hassle. why not just contact the user of the graveyarded map now in a pm and ask him if he has abandoned the map, and if he has just take it and map it yourself?
CheeseWarlock
It's not that I'm opposed to this idea because it does anything bad. It's the KISS principle, really. It seems entirely unnecessary; not many truly great maps get graveyarded, and even then they sometimes get revived. If you want to map the song, steal the mp3 and do it yourself. It's more work for peppy, more work for the BATs, and not all that useful.

As such, I'm against this.
peppy
Nah.