forum

Make nightcore a freemod when host picks DT

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +360
Topic Starter
GibGibbon
In multiplayer, when either DoubleTime or NightCore mod is selected by the host, players should be able to switch between the two.

I believe this should be implemented as NightCore vs DoubleTime is a personal preference and player do not have an advantage in choosing one over the other (same score multiplier)

It could be implemented by unlocking DT/NC in the mods selection for players to toggle:
Host has enabled DT

User click and drags DT to switch it to NC (as they would in singleplayer, same multiplier):
Host has enabled NC

User click and drags DT to switch it to NC (as they would in singleplayer, same multiplier):
MillhioreF
I actually like this idea a lot!
Soaprman
I'm not a fan of this suggestion. If I'm the host, and I pick Nightcore mod, it's because I fully intend to bring the Nightcore experience into everyone's lives. People who have an issue with it can find another room. DT and NC are worth the same, but multiplayer's about more than score. It's about the shared experience.

That all said, I don't play in public multiplayer games that much these days so if this got implemented, I guess I wouldn't care that much.
Saten
It's like saying no-video should be used if the host picked it.

I would rather choose what to have, since it doesn't affect the score
I'm not really a fan of Nightcore, so yeah
Kuro
I actually like this idea

If the host adds Nightcore on a song and i think it sounds bad i can just switch to Doubletime and vice versa.

I only use Nightcore to help me stay on beat with faster songs other than that it's almost always Doubletime
she_old
Reminds me of t/98943

Support anyway.
FrzR
+Support.

in every time join a room, they would always go for NC. :|
theowest

loseri wrote:

Reminds me of t/98943

Support anyway.
also reminded me of t/108860
with the "turn nightcore on and off" on doubletime replays.
XPJ38
I'm not sure. I like the idea but that would mean players won't play the exact same thing, which could not be fair for everyone (for instance I prefer NC over DT because there are additional beats that help me to keep the rhythm, thus providing a slight advantage for me).
theowest
in speed it's the same thing. so it shouldn't matter. It's already a little advantage and have been for a long time now, why complain about that for this request?
XPJ38
I am not complaining, I am just throwing an observation to balance the pros and cons. I'm not against the idea :<
Saten

XPJ38 wrote:

for instance I prefer NC over DT because there are additional beats that help me to keep the rhythm, thus providing a slight advantage for me.
^ one reason why I like NC

Well, the speed-up doesn't go well in all maps/difficulties though.
charlotteawoo
Why not?
SapphireGhost
Yes. As one of the few people who would care, yes.
If this is confirmed as not a duplicate then I'll star.
Kaeru
I hope it works the other way around too, though. I seem to encounter people that pick NC on the worst songs..
ieb
Yes
Knarf
Sounds good. DT and NC are actually very similar.
TheVileOne
I know I've seen this request before but I cannot find it.
charlotteawoo

TheVileOne wrote:

I know I've seen this request before but I cannot find it.
Oh, I couldn't find it yesterday.

p/1978473/

Oops.
TheVileOne
I will attempt a merge. I think I can save your star priority.

-Heh that worked out smoothly.
Heinzen
Bumping and showing support cause NC > DT.

Threw in some stars at this, would be really great to see this implemented
Kayla
im not the biggest fan of nightcore because of the metronome taking my attention away from timing via approach circles / disappearing to making me time to the metronome (which could be off from the bad offset..) so turning to double time when someone chooses nightcore would be beneficial for me. i dont think this suggestion is exactly no mod difference.. it depends on how you read the map.
Yukiteru Amano
I am not a huge fan of NC but for those who are, Support :D
OzzyOzrock
HELL YEAHHHHH
teasp00n
Sounds like a no-brainer to me! I want it! :)
Negri_sk
NC Sucks but whatever starru ~
mxy_old_1
I really appreciate this request, because some people really like to play NC instead of DT. :D
Princess Zoom
+support

i really need this for multiplayer games
Athrun
Will go with this.
Rilene
bump
Myxo
I like this, makes sense to me.
Pituophis
Would love to have this as an option.
Mao
I like this!
Irreversible
Makes indeed sense
Okoayu
Yes
-Atri-
I dont play DT much on multi but...

Agreed.
TheVileOne
This is a planned feature and more or less implemented. It's waiting on a ModSelect refactor to happen first,
YShake
Wait, people use NC?
Pituophis

aNiico wrote:

Wait, people use NC?
Yes
Floockde
I aggree to this.
Jason X
i can't play DT, but i can play NC, so i support this idea
GrilledCheeese
I wanna play DT when someone else picks NC, support, should be going both ways
Penguin UwU

TheVileOne wrote:

This is a planned feature and more or less implemented. It's waiting on a ModSelect refactor to happen first,
So... does anyone have an estimate to when this feature would be implemented, or is this still to be determined?
o x
I think some things got held up as this is not the highest priority, I'm sure it will be implemented in no time!