forum

Kick / switch hosts in multiplayer when they don't start [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-Sapphire_old
I've got this idea from another request I've read.
Why not set a system to automatically kick/switch hosts in multiplayer games when everyone else is ready and the host doesn't start the game within a set time (let's make it 10 seconds). I've experienced problems like these in multiplayer games before and they get really annoying. Automatically switching hosts would probably be better as there's the force game start button to click on. (I haven't done searching before posting this so if this has been posted before, gg)
Stefan
That's as bad as this idea: t/22817&start=0

10 Seconds are way too less. And also maybe it needs something before the play can be started.
Topic Starter
-Sapphire_old

Stefan wrote:

That's as bad as this idea: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/22817&start=0

10 Seconds are way too less. And also maybe it needs something before the play can be started.
Then increase the time limit? Make it to something which everyone is comfortable with.
deadbeat
why?
in some of my games, we might be ready for 5 minutes before we actually start playing o_o
Topic Starter
-Sapphire_old

deadbeat wrote:

why?
in some of my games, we might be ready for 5 minutes before we actually start playing o_o
It might get annoying to wait so long if you aren't actually chatting with the rest of them, and why click on the "Ready" button when you aren't?
deadbeat
just because you're ready, doesn't mean you have to start right then and there
also kicking a host seems really uncool just because they don't start straight away
DakeDekaane
Being ready doesn't mean the game should start automatically, my 2 cents.
Knarf
I am thinking of a better idea: Player can ask for being host, if the host doesn't response in 30s, the player can be the host.
Topic Starter
-Sapphire_old

DakeDekaane wrote:

Being ready doesn't mean the game should start automatically, my 2 cents.
People can just un-ready if everyone's already ready and they don't want to start yet

kookookook wrote:

I am thinking of a better idea: Player can ask for being host, if the host doesn't response in 30s, the player can be the host.
Have thought of that but won't that be more complicated?
deadbeat
again, no reason for this. just wait for the host to click start
KinkiN
or create a new room, it's simple. ask the players in your room to make a new room