forum

How can I contribute to the community? if i'm not good enough

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
atneserureborn

Hi. I joined osu since 2016. i love this game. i met a lot of nice people here and i've been thinking lately like i really wanted to contribute to this community but i'm not that really good at anything.

i cannot draw i cannot make a beatmap and a skin as well.. i've tried to learn such a thing but uhmm i dont have enough motivation to learn 'cause i find it difficult (honestly i'm just way too bad at these thing) so i wonder if there is another thing i can do for contribute to this community..

or uhmm i need partner or friend that can teach me about these thing (osu! stuff related such as mapping or making a skin) i'd be honored for it <3 'cause i find it more fun if learning with friends

any idea? Thanks in advance
i'm sorry for my bad english
THAT_otaku
Have a look at this wiki/en/How_you_can_help%21 :)
Topic Starter
atneserureborn

THAT_otaku wrote:

Have a look at this wiki/en/How_you_can_help%21 :)
wooow. i did not know there was the page that explains the thing. also it seems that making a beatmap or skin is not the main point here. i was wrong by thinking that way xD i suppose i could try.. uhmm wiki things! or participate in tournaments or uhmm i'm kinda interested with developments thing.. it gives me an idea actually... and yahh. thanks a lot <3 for the reply.
KimAriel
Hey, it's absolutely okay if you don't know how to do anything! That doesn't make you useless! You can contribute with osu's community (or any other, really) just by being yourself, buying merch, having fun and reporting other's bad actions (such as hacking the game or just being unpleasant in general). You are good enough.
Topic Starter
atneserureborn

KimAriel wrote:

Hey, it's absolutely okay if you don't know how to do anything! That doesn't make you useless! You can contribute with osu's community (or any other, really) just by being yourself, buying merch, having fun and reporting other's bad actions (such as hacking the game or just being unpleasant in general). You are good enough.
Thank you for kindly response. you have a point. fact that i'm useless it's not right! and i think no one is useless. people have their own worth. in fact i've been doing these thing you've mentioned the whole time xD except for being myself and buying merch. i was just thinking like. and i'm kinda overthinking of it like i'm not good enough because i cannot mastered the things i do not have any thing that i'm good on. but it makes me aware of that, it makes no sense if i'm thinking that way while there's thing i can do to contribute. once more. thank you <3 i really appreciate it and it makes my day
- Marco -
When i started helping on the forum i didn't know what i was really doing, but i started with the little things i know and saw what the solutions were for the things i didn't know. So in my experience whatever you will do to help osu! (thank you for doing it, every bit of help makes the game i love playing since 2011-2012 grow) start with the little things and then try to do more, just make sure to not overdo stuff :P

Also, if you need some assistance in whatever you might start doing, feel free to ask around :)

Also, stan Miku
Topic Starter
atneserureborn

- Marco - wrote:

When i started helping on the forum i didn't know what i was really doing, but i started with the little things i know and saw what the solutions were for the things i didn't know. So in my experience whatever you will do to help osu! (thank you for doing it, every bit of help makes the game i love playing since 2011-2012 grow) start with the little things and then try to do more, just make sure to not overdo stuff :P

Also, if you need some assistance in whatever you might start doing, feel free to ask around :)

Also, stan Miku
wooow. that is a long time. you've been here for a decade.. it makes me curious like.. how is the osu! community looks like back in 2010s? or back in 10 years ago. haha i can imagine.. old top players rn they're still young at that time. and yap i agree with that it's like every big things start from small beginnings. okayyy i promise i won't overdo things.. qmq. thanks a lot for the reply <3

she is the best, change my mind!
Neigdoig

atneserureborn wrote:

Hi. I joined osu since 2016. i love this game. i met a lot of nice people here and i've been thinking lately like i really wanted to contribute to this community but i'm not that really good at anything.

i cannot draw i cannot make a beatmap and a skin as well.. i've tried to learn such a thing but uhmm i dont have enough motivation to learn 'cause i find it difficult (honestly i'm just way too bad at these thing) so i wonder if there is another thing i can do for contribute to this community..

or uhmm i need partner or friend that can teach me about these thing (osu! stuff related such as mapping or making a skin) i'd be honored for it <3 'cause i find it more fun if learning with friends

any idea? Thanks in advance
i'm sorry for my bad english
I do this all the time in these here forums, but I mostly use the Other category.
Topic Starter
atneserureborn

Neigdoig wrote:

I do this all the time in these here forums, but I mostly use the Other category.
sounds great! keep it up Neigdoig i think i ummm i'll focus to uhmm i still did not made any decision actually but development stuff seems interesting to me. yet. according to previous comment there is a way.. a lot of way to contribute uhmm so i better do anything i can instead of get attached to one thing