forum

I work at Target - I need some opinions on something

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tiz277
I've been a Target employee for about 4 months now - whenever somebody orders online I collect all the products they asked for. Sometimes we're out of stock of an item they wanted, and I have to INF (item not found) it. At the end of my shift, I'm graded on how many INF'd items I had, the less the better obviously.

I want to have the least amount of INF'd items possible, and sometimes that can be difficult. So, I've started giving customers a different item instead.

For example, if somebody orders a 40oz container of clorox, but it's out of stock, I've started giving them an 81oz container of clorox instead of giving them nothing.

If you were on the receiving end of that order would you be mad? Or would you be indifferent/happy?

If you would be happy, what's an example of an "item replacement" that would make you mad?

Your opinions will help me out a ton, thanks!
abraker

Tiz277 wrote:

For example, if somebody orders a 40oz container of clorox, but it's out of stock, I've started giving them an 81oz container of clorox instead of giving them nothing.

If you were on the receiving end of that order would you be mad? Or would you be indifferent/happy?
Depends, is the amount I would need to pay the same?

Tiz277 wrote:

If you would be happy, what's an example of an "item replacement" that would make you mad?
A brand that is worse or I perceive as worse. Maybe soap can be same brand, but coconut type is INF'd so you replace with orange. What if I hate orange?

So generally should be same brand, same type.
Topic Starter
Tiz277

abraker wrote:

Yes, you would be charged for the same amount your original item costed, even if you ended up getting something that would've costed more.

abraker wrote:

So generally should be same brand, same type.
Good to know, thanks!
abraker

Tiz277 wrote:

abraker wrote:

Yes, you would be charged for the same amount your original item costed, even if you ended up getting something that would've costed more.
Then that would make feel happy. Dunno who in their right mind would get upset for getting more of something for a price lower than it is
Neigdoig

Tiz277 wrote:

I've been a Target employee for about 4 months now - whenever somebody orders online I collect all the products they asked for. Sometimes we're out of stock of an item they wanted, and I have to INF (item not found) it. At the end of my shift, I'm graded on how many INF'd items I had, the less the better obviously.

I want to have the least amount of INF'd items possible, and sometimes that can be difficult. So, I've started giving customers a different item instead.

Your opinions will help me out a ton, thanks!

Okay, so doing this should help out, but this would cost Target a little bit. They may see this, and ask why. Just tell them that you're trying to not INF as much as possible. If anything, give the customer a similar size to what they originally ordered. For me, if I found out about that, I wouldn't mind that at all.