forum

HD on mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PurpleWA
Ok, so can I get a solid reason why HD on osu mania is so much more unfair than the other gamemodes, no other gamemodes makes the fade out time INCREASE as you get a higher combo. It should stay in one spot like taiko and catch. It's also the fact the HD takes up 3/4 of the screen too. you have like 0.1 seconds to react to the notes that are falling. How is it fair for mania players to have such an unfair advantage while player HD while other gamemodes have it somewhat easy and get more PP for playing with the mod.
Quotient
That's why some who play hidden / fade in would decrease their scroll speed. Your eyes can focus on a smaller part of the screen, causing less distraction that might be beneficial to some players.
Plus, HD/FI mods don't give extra pp in mania anyway, so it's just preference.

Edit: typo
UltraBlack
The HD,Fl and FI in mania are mods that turns the game easier for those who are used to then, players like k5zero and bojii are solid examples,it is really unfair but by the opposite way you said. Also there are some mania HD skins that have fixed shades so they don't go up and down all the time.
[LS]PositoniX
hd on mania is not a difficulty increasing mod as it is on other gamemodes, it's a mod you use if you prefer to use it
[HD]Voxav
Hello, I just read this post and as a HD main I will answer with my opinion. The fact HD is different than FI/FL bc the fade out time increase may be a bit annoying (it's for that HD skins exist but I don't use) but in general HD doesn't affect anything on the gameplay. It just allows me to focus more on the notes than if I don't use the mod.

"How is it fair for mania players to have such an unfair advantage while player HD while other gamemodes have it somewhat easy and get more PP for playing with the mod."

In mania, only difficult decrease mods and DT affect the PP because it makes the gameplay easier/harder, HR just reduces the judgement bar so it don't really has inconvenient. In other gamemodes, HR changes the gameplay by spacing the notes and make them more difficult to touch (example with osu!standard)

So, to conclude this post, HD on mania isn't really unfair as you can think. If it was really that unfair, HD players would have already complained about it.

PS : My english is maybe not very good but I think you can understand what I said.
YyottaCat
I personally get lower accuracy with HD on but I know someone who got insane best plays with FL on. He said he literally can't read maps without HD/FL. His top 1 play is literally Triumph & Regret + DTFL.