forum

Rate the music of the above user's post!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Calamari
cool reminds me of aglory

https://soundcloud.com/aglory/abattoir
Achromalia
Calamari
f u z z

Westonini
8.75/10

Achromalia wrote:

whoah. pretty cool.

- - - - -

Fhaye
7.2/10 kinda fun

Nanonii
Achromalia
7.08/10

It was alright. The mood doesn't really fit well with me, but I find it fine as it sounds pretty decent on it's own. Lyrically, it's alright too.

- - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziT7Qfd-Mk

Calamari

Westonini
7.25/10

Not bad.

45Traeath
100%

"99 NEETs".
Tenpii

My favorite song probably no one here has the same taste as me but whatever
https://soundcloud.com/getterofficial/wtf
Achromalia
7.26/10.

well, even in its particular style, it doesn't sound like anything i haven't heard. not a big fan of the intro melody, which tends to repeat throughout the song. it doesn't seem to create any sort of mood in particular, but eh.

generally, i think the rest sounds decent and does have a certain mood to it that works alright.

it just doesn't sound particularly notable, that's all. otherwise, a decent song.

Meah
Bad

Achromalia
6.82/10

oh, say can you see
the unoriginality

anyways, it's not really something i'd listen to(?)

Achromalia wrote:

Birdy

Achromalia wrote:

wow how do you know woulg
Achromalia

Birdy wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

wow how do you know woulg
i basically just stumbled across him along my journey into IDM and other stuff.

drillobite is a channel I often go to for IDM, Drone, and whatever other experimental stuff there is, I found a lot of artists like Rabbitsquirrel, Qebrus, Nearfield, and Woulg, through there.

- - -

so much for Sungazer, I'll try something else, then.

45Traeath

Achromalia wrote:

88%
I would have been a bit disappointed if there was only the slow atmosphere. I don't dislike the slow in it, but I kind of expected more while listening; and I got the "more".

Achromalia wrote:

80%
I guess I can't help it if it's how the genre is, but the 1/16 beats are excessive, to me.

Some French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjk26RwjyU
"Popular" songs like "Despacito" and the works in which Calvin Harris participated drowned almost every other sound of their time, on local musical TV channels. Thus, I was surprised, when I learnt about its release date.

Text if interested:

OK, Imma release a new album
But before that, w'need to go back to the basics
Gonna make a simple video, in which I'm saying simple stuff
Because you're all too dumb

Simple, basic
OK, the smartest peeps aren't always the best at talkin' speeches, simple
Political figures hafta lie or else, you wouldn'be votin' for'em, basic
If you often claim not having any drinking problem, then y'must have one, simple
You shouldn'make children with people much unknown to ya, basic
The fellas from the NF look like evil guys from movies, simple
Between having standards and being a big asshole, the gap's thin as paper, basic
Hugo Boss made clothes for the Nazi, style(/fashion) has its weight(/importance), simple
Dolphins are rapists, watch your surroundings, basic

["S/B" Chorus]
You don't got the basics(x4)

If it's on the net, it might be wrong, but might be true, simple
Illuminati or not, nothing changes, you're gettin' fucked, basic
Out o'your country, you're a stranger, actin' racist is useless, simple
Most o'the craziest guys, are the saddest ones, basic
A hundred of people own half of the worldwide wealth, simple
You'll always almost get the right order during the trifecta, basic
You're often alone with your problems, 'at's 'cause the problem's often yourself, simple
Every generation says the next one is making a mess, cliché

["S/B" Chorus]
[...]
Penguin

45Traeath wrote:

Some French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjk26RwjyU
"Popular" songs like "Despacito" and the works in which Calvin Harris participated drowned almost every other sound of their time, on local musical TV channels. Thus, I was surprised, when I learnt about its release date.

Text if interested:

OK, Imma release a new album
But before that, w'need to go back to the basics
Gonna make a simple video, in which I'm saying simple stuff
Because you're all too dumb

Simple, basic
OK, the smartest peeps aren't always the best at talkin' speeches, simple
Political figures hafta lie or else, you wouldn'be votin' for'em, basic
If you often claim not having any drinking problem, then y'must have one, simple
You shouldn'make children with people much unknown to ya, basic
The fellas from the NF look like evil guys from movies, simple
Between having standards and being a bis asshole, the gap's thin as paper, basic
Hugo Boss made clothes for the Nazi, style(/fashion) has its weight(/importance), simple
Dolphins are rapists, watch your surroundings, basic

["S/B" Chorus]
You ain't got the basics(x4)

If it's on the net, it might be wrong, but might be true, simple
Illuminati or not, nothing changes, you're gettin' fucked, basic
Out o'your country, you're a stranger, actin' racist is useless, simple
Most o'the craziest guys, are the saddest ones, basic
A hundred of people own half the worldwide wealth, simple
You'll always almost get the right order during the trifecta, basic
You're often alone with your problems, 'at's 'cause the problem's often yourself, simple
Every generation says the next one is making a mess, cliché

["S/B" Chorus]
[...]
7/10

Song flowed pretty well. Lyrics are interesting.

I've always liked French. I tried taking a french course in highschool but I never stuck with it.

Meah
6.9/10 for the first 30 seconds I thought it was just someone randomly pressing piano keys and singing some random lyrics, chorus sounds good tho
45Traeath
Stromae's lyrics aren't random, if you were interested in them, but eh.

100% fits a good day.
0 if not a good day (ahah).

"First of the Year"...
Not Skrillex's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzx7TarxEqU
Birdy

Achromalia wrote:

drillobite is a channel I often go to for IDM, Drone, and whatever other experimental stuff there is, I found a lot of artists like Rabbitsquirrel, Qebrus, Nearfield, and Woulg, through there.
oh, that's great. drillobite is pretty tight, has uploaded my music, too, although I've found Woulg for the first time from a totally different place, ektoplazm.com.
Penguin

45Traeath wrote:

"First of the Year"...
Not Skrillex's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzx7TarxEqU

4/10

Wasn't really into it, to be honest. I don't listen to too much dubstep outside of raves and clubs. Those are the only places I can really get into it, mostly because of the environment and vibes and whatnot.

Westonini
ayy blink-182.

I'd give it a 7.25/10. Like the music video as well.

Achromalia
7.19/10.

It's alright for the most part, but the vocals aren't doing it for me. I could understand someone loving this for it's lyrics, though, they're pretty nice, and I'd imagine they'd be relatable for someone. Progressions are pretty decent.

...Listening to it again, it's growing on me a bit. Maybe the vocals are fine after all.

victini
2/10

just sounds like a computer having a small seizure to me eheh. need's more of a coherent melody with a rise and fall, not just the same old noise. sorry!

Achromalia

victini wrote:

just sounds like a computer having a small seizure to me eheh. need's more of a coherent melody with a rise and fall, not just the same old noise. sorry!
ah, of course.

i've heard "rhythmic popcorn" before, and now "computerized seizurefest".

that's IDM for ya, kinda. though, this is leaning towards Drone as well. I assume y'don't like inert repetition or something of a minimalistic nature? That rules out genres like Drone and Lowercase, oh well. Typically, Drone, Lowercase, and IDM don't go in that direction and primarily experiment with methods to get a certain mood, sound, or atmosphere out of something, or perhaps just find some new sounds they find interesting to make into a song.

While I enjoy having "substantial" melodic and percussive content, stuff like this is always enjoyable. ehm, i thought i'd expand on the intent and reasons behind this sorta music, hopefully this doesn't come off weird. Maybe you'd be interested in looking into it? Always interested in showing people new genres and music.

Anyways...

- - -

OT: 7.12/10.

Ah, this reminds me of the old days, around the late or mid 2000's or so. Though I don't find it particularly notable of a song, I can enjoy the energy in this. There's some progressions keep it relatively fresh.

I'm not a fan of the way samples/vocals like these are used though, but I guess they help for more of a rave-like atmosphere.

Overall, a decent song, I'd say.

- - -

Sticking with the genres, but with a more melodic direction, as requested. It's reminiscent of background ambient music for an OST.

Penguin
8.5/10

I really like it for what it is. Like you said, "It's reminiscent of background ambient music for an OST."

It's not something that I would listen to in my car, nor even for pleasure, but it's a really well put together piece.

Aiseca
Chill. Yeah, I can listen to that while on a trip~~~ 8.4
---------------
One of the songs I first liked even before I met the internet. I can feel power in the music.

Penguin
8.25/10

I really like this one. The entire piece builds up very well, sounding very epic. It makes me feel very stoic

keremaru
8.4/10.
have to love the orchestra, and how they transfer the melody to not just amongst the strings but also to the piano, giving it a solo every now and then and building up that dramatic drop to create the vibe that this is a house, and a young wolf's at that, from the amount of energy in the crescendos, plus the accents. sorry, run-on sentences. moving on.

i don't know why i like touhou so much
Westonini
6.75/10

Wasn't really feelin' this one. Not a bad song, just not for me I suppose. Maybe if I played the Touhou games it'd evoke different feelings in me.

- - -

Floor Baba - Ornamental Plants

https://soundcloud.com/deskpopmusic/floor-baba-ornamental-plants
Achromalia
7.76/10.

I really enjoy the chord progressions, and the percussion is quite crisp.

A bit... sloppy? Even then, I suppose it may serve for its style.

Pretty nice.

- - -

Here's a new favorite.

Penguin
8/10

I don't really know how to describe it, but I actually really like it.

Meah
Video unavailable
This video is not available

Birdy
@Meah Works for me just fine. Use a different upload of the song next time or let someone else rate it instead of posting your own song without giving any kind of feedback.

Penguin wrote:

I love Brubeck and this is also one of my faves by him. The atmosphere is unmatched, it's a form of 50's synesthesia I get when I listen to this stuff - it puts me into a different time and place.

9.5/10

pentaqola
I was expecting a drop, but I guess I expected a bit too much. It is sort of calming in a way that still keeps its energy. I'd say it would be an 8/10 in my opinion.

Yes, it's battle music from an aquarium game. I GET IT...
Tad Fibonacci
I didn't really liked it, the rhythm kinda stresses me out.
Kinda reminds me of one of the Sonic's game water level, which isn't good memories.
But I guess if used in certain parts of the game then it can be good so 6/10.

payney
this is nice!
i like the tune of this, very funky
the vocals are pretty much where they need to be, nothing too outstanding, which is fine.
can't help but feel like there's something missing that would tie everything together a bit better. just can't quite put my finger on what though. oh well.
7/10

good luck w

edit: made what i meant to say more clear
TheLegendaryHD
i personally dont like the rhythm because its a bit dark (ofc i like if a song has creepy tune inside it but i dont think i like this one)
and also i hate the vocal, but this is just my opinion
4/10
Tad Fibonacci
I swear I heard that song before but that's a really long time ago.
I never knew the name of that song though so the memory is quite faint, thanks for reminding me about it.
I really liked it, it gives me nostalgia. It's quite funky and the cover art is nice too.

Overall 8/10

show more