forum

Friend Groups or Folders or Categories

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +26
Topic Starter
Jawing
I would like to have my friends list split into different groups or categorise them. The groups are created by you.

Group examples: real friends, practice friends, hardcore friends, mapping friends, online friends...etc
deadbeat
what in the...
Oinari-sama

deadbeat wrote:

what in the...
I think what the OP wants is the ability to categorise friends.
deadbeat
oh i know what he wants :p
Oinari-sama

deadbeat wrote:

oh i know what he wants :p
Oh lol...

On Topic: I think this function will be a nice to have, but imo it needs to do more than what the OP said.

It'll be nice if each friend categories can be assigned a different "colour," so that you can distinguish which friend belongs to which category at a glance by giving the user panel a hue (or something simpler). This will be a nice feature for people who hosts mp a lot, cause he can tell immediately if there's enough friends for TAG4 straight away or does he have to host an Anime lobby to attract more people first.

Yeah I think this will be a nice to have, but not a necessity.
dkun
this is a great idea!
-Melancholy-
Sound like good plan ;)
Scarlet Evans
I think that expanding friends system, by adding tags to it, would be a very good idea and worth supporting!

Tags could work like beatmap collections, where you can add a single friend to many different, custom made collections (tags) and there could be endless possible uses of these tags/collections, like:

1. friends playing specific game mode, like CTB, std, mania etc.
  2. mappers in your friends,
  3. some people that you are participating in the same tourney as you,
  4. admins, moderators, etc.
  5. people that are making GDs' for you,
  6. people that you was going to give map mods,
  7. some people that speak the same language as you,
  8. people with similar hobbies,
  9. some closed social circles,
  10. people you often play multi with,
  11. and many, many other, whatever you can think about
  12. etc.
So I think that it's really worth to bump this old topic, especially as osu!lazer is coming soon :)
I wish I had some stars, maybe I will remember to drop some in future 8-)
Bara-
This sounds nice! As someone who has 300 mutuals, I often see a name and start thinking "who on earth are they?"
Adorn
I could finally categorize dntm8kemeeatu as "Mister Meme". :^)
Asaiga
in some cases people might feel sad knowing how other people think about them by grouping them in an unwanted, irrelevant list or sth like that. Unfriend feels worse but I support this idea anyway since I like being organized =w=

Missclicked revoke friendship with someone the other day without knowing who it was, I'm scared I forgot someone important :(
Tanomoshii Nekojou
If this will be added, I'll be willing to be a supporter as soon as possible... Haha :D
This will solve the question: "Who the h*ck is this player?"
Asuka Kurashina
If this gets Implemented this will make my life much more easier so I can seperate the jews from my real friends (jk)
Edgar_Figaro
I like this request as i have many groups of people that I have friended from different groups. Much preferable over keeping an excel spreadsheet.
Swerro
Same thing

From http://osunext.tumblr.com/ , if you scroll down, it looks like you'll be able to create Teams / Parties.

Would that satisfy the needs of this feature request or would we need more catergorizing options?
Scarlet Evans

Swerro wrote:

Same thing

From http://osunext.tumblr.com/ , if you scroll down, it looks like you'll be able to create Teams / Parties.

Would that satisfy the needs of this feature request or would we need more catergorizing options?
If you need to ask someone to join your team/party and that person needs to agree, then obviously not.
I think Joining teams and ability to tag / group your friends are two completely different things, which can be used for different purposes and I don't think that one can simply replace the other.