17.47%
I refuse to use z/x, mouse ftw
19.43%
I didn't even know you could use anything but clicking
20.74%
Total votes: 458
show more
Survivor_old
Well, I guess that's good. There's no way to properly cheat using a tablet.
Saturos
Though, to go off topic, the tablet (or at least me using one) comes with its own package of difficulties. I can never get a consistently comfortable grip, and my hand needs to stay resting on my tablet for the most part, which makes hitting the bottom right corner VERY difficult.
I actually have the same trouble with my mouse. My wrist rests on the pad and I just pivot from there...which leads to some painful cramps and I often miss beats because my hand is out of whack and I need to readjust. I've tried playing without resting my wrist, but I just end up with my wrist back down on the pad a few seconds in, anyway.
Survivor_old

Saturos wrote:

Though, to go off topic, the tablet (or at least me using one) comes with its own package of difficulties. I can never get a consistently comfortable grip, and my hand needs to stay resting on my tablet for the most part, which makes hitting the bottom right corner VERY difficult.
I actually have the same trouble with my mouse. My wrist rests on the pad and I just pivot from there...which leads to some painful cramps and I often miss beats because my hand is out of whack and I need to readjust. I've tried playing without resting my wrist, but I just end up with my wrist back down on the pad a few seconds in, anyway.
I do the same, but I have my two hands on the mouse, it really helps with stability, but I always get messed up when there's a segment right after a spinner, because I have no time to adjust from the spinner, and I end up uncomfortably with only half of my hand on the mouse and trying to find a good way to place my other hand on it, while clicking away.
Slain087
Huh... I had no idea you could use the keyboard, or even the right mouse button. Yea, I've been left-clicking this entire time (and doing pretty well at it too for a newb!). About the only difficulties I have is the small space in which I have to move my Bluetooth mouse - excellent for spinners, okay for tight areas, horrible for quick movement (Still Alive, anyone?). However, I downright suck when I have to use a larger area for some reason - my hand keeps catching on nonexistent items, and my spinning gets out of whack.

I'll have to give the other methods a try later on. When I have a chance to put my laptop down on solid plastic for the monitor hookup and my Bluetooth items are gtg.
altruisticcrono

Saturos wrote:

I click.

A lot.

Only left-click, as well. With exception to stacks that are either too long/painful to do with left-click alone.
This surprised me. I was almost for certain you used the keyboard.

I've been using the keyboard all along except for the first couple of days. One of Peppy's quick tips let me know I could use Z/X... and I've been using them all the time now. Quick sliders and large areas sometimes mess me up when X is half pressed. >:(
ROMaster2
Check my Accuracy.

I use the Mouse to Click.
Vic
Mouse, and my acc is great =33
machol30
I usually don't use mouse, but when I do, I just use the two mouse buttons repeatedly.

Most of the time, I use tablet. It is seriously five times easier to spin than a mouse. I have pretty good control most of the time. I keep my left hand just over z and x in case of any insanely fast parts! ;)

so I just chose that I sometimes use z/x for the insane beatmaps.
Dakeyrus
I usually mix it up, usually z/x but clicking sometimes :X
Shirotora_old
... tablet pen tapping... because I don't have a mouse mat and my desk seems to be a bit sticky. Weird top layer, my old desk didn't have the same problem. Usually not annoying, but with the speed osu! needs...

I only use x with really fast rows (sometimes at the same spot), preferably ending with a tablet pen tap if the last one is a slider because I find the sliding gives me more direct control over where I'm going than 'hovering'.

The only time I also throw in z for 'tap x tap z tap x tap z' etc. is that retarded bit in Marisa [Hard]. I believe I did the long bit without missing a single one once, or at the very least nearly without any misses, so I guess it works.

Download: #osu-20100228-104309.osu
mcmongo
you can use x/y?
got to try that...
...and that after abusing my g5 ;_;
aquabluu
I mouse through everything ;)
awp

aquabluu wrote:

I mouse through everything ;)

Mouse through this, then.
mcmongo
ok.. tried it... not really mine... it's nice alternating x and y on those fast stationary drum like ones (and nice for taiko mode :] )... but i'm staying with my mouse xD
Mogsy
I use a combination of z/x and mouse clicks when necessary, but otherwise, it's left/right clicking.
GuardianHX
For some reason, my cursor stops when I click, so it gets kinda hard with some beatmaps. Though I've only used the keyboard maybe, like, 5 times across the course of the month.
Kasada
It depends on my mood really.

If I'm playing something (even relatively) hard, you'll probably see me z/x'ing. On easy maps, though, I might click just to have a little variety.

I prefer z/x'ing because of a few reasons. For one, my fingers don't rebound off the mouse very well, so I'll end up stalling through fast parts. Second is that my mouse, under such stress, won't move as smoothly if I'm trying to hit a fast part. Third and finally, it feels awkward to be using one hand and having the other dangling uselessly at my side.
Numbers_old
First time I played I got very put off with picking the beats with the mouse button. It didn't feel natural at all. I quickly made the switch to z & x keys but with only actually using the z key. For the past week I've been using z and x and I can't think of another way I'd rather play this game. For me using only the mouse felt like DDR:ing with only one leg. Using the z key only feels like DDR:ing but only using one of the legs as support, not using it for the rythm at all. Kinda...ish.

Z&X!
Ivalset
I left mouse solely for easy sections.
For fast sections, I alternate click with mouse1/2.
Extremely fast stacks I use z/x.

I used to keyboard fast sections with a lot of mouse movement, but I can alternate most of them fine now.
So all in all, I'm an alternateclicking mouse user who uses keyboard only when necessary.
crystalsuicune
It depends on the beatmap's difficulty~if
the dons and katsus are alternated quite
often,I use z/x as my hands are not fast enough
to alternate between my stylus' buttons.

If it's an easy map,I try using the mouse.*coughTaikomodagaincough*
Asher005
using z and x feels weird..... *shudder*
oh loving you
Yeah, as a new player. I am trying to figure out to use mouse with single tapping or double tapping. I can feel the rhythm for single tapping but not fast enough for insane or sometimes hard maps. Double tapping is very complex, my mind will get confuse as to use z or x first though it's my only way to hit super super fast hit. But i started with single tapping for the first week and started using z/x this few days, maybe with time, i am able to master z/x. Overall, my opinion is that z/x is better than mouse clicking since you can use two hands.
F m L_old

oh loving you wrote:

Yeah, as a new player. I am trying to figure out to use mouse with single tapping or double tapping. I can feel the rhythm for single tapping but not fast enough for insane or sometimes hard maps. Double tapping is very complex, my mind will get confuse as to use z or x first though it's my only way to hit super super fast hit. But i started with single tapping for the first week and started using z/x this few days, maybe with time, i am able to master z/x. Overall, my opinion is that z/x is better than mouse clicking since you can use two hands.
Lawl.

Nice necro
IppE
F m L the necropolice
F m L_old

IppE602 wrote:

F m L the necropolice
like a boss
mochi
I use, the mouse.
Mara
MOUSE ONLY
kriers

LunaticMara wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
those

kriers wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
RhaiizoN

kriers wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
hoihoisoi
mouse only. I tried it z/x a few times and it was really really hard to get the timing right. Probably I'm just too used to mouse, so yea I stick to mouse.
Zelmarked
I had to start using keyboard. S+D. Comfortable position as It's the same hand position for WASD in FPS's.

4-5 star maps ask way too much in click speed to stay on mouse. Transition for me was hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't already, switch now.
kriers
to all mouse only users in this thread: Keep on with what you're doing! :)
We are a dying play style :o especially among those few who excell in it...
Just know that there is hardly any limit to how good you can become. There are few qualities about tablet and keyboard that cannot be achieved, in fact, I'd go as far as to say that only the very best tablet players unlock skills that are unreachable. ;)
cococococo_old
i cant play with keyboard, my left hand is sooo RGUWRUWRHTHWD
Yumi14_old
I cant play with mouse D:
i tried but i cant, but i can play with tablet a little :3
Winshley

cococococo wrote:

And I thought you have been streaming with the [C] and [O] keys, hence your nickname...

/me runs away :P
kriers
why are you so cool, cococococo! Long time bans AND mouse only. Ftw. hi5 o/
cococococo_old
hi5 :)

Winshley wrote:

cococococo wrote:

And I thought you have been streaming with the [C] and [O] keys, hence your nickname...

/me runs away :P
lolol
RhaiizoN
why 5 hours ban :o

and also.. hi5 too(?) \o
cococococo_old

RhaiizoN wrote:

why 5 hours ban :o

and also.. hi5 too(?) \o
5 hours? do you mean 341?
show more