17.47%
I refuse to use z/x, mouse ftw
19.43%
I didn't even know you could use anything but clicking
20.74%
Total votes: 458
show more
Mogsy
I use a combination of z/x and mouse clicks when necessary, but otherwise, it's left/right clicking.
GuardianHX
For some reason, my cursor stops when I click, so it gets kinda hard with some beatmaps. Though I've only used the keyboard maybe, like, 5 times across the course of the month.
Kasada
It depends on my mood really.

If I'm playing something (even relatively) hard, you'll probably see me z/x'ing. On easy maps, though, I might click just to have a little variety.

I prefer z/x'ing because of a few reasons. For one, my fingers don't rebound off the mouse very well, so I'll end up stalling through fast parts. Second is that my mouse, under such stress, won't move as smoothly if I'm trying to hit a fast part. Third and finally, it feels awkward to be using one hand and having the other dangling uselessly at my side.
Numbers_old
First time I played I got very put off with picking the beats with the mouse button. It didn't feel natural at all. I quickly made the switch to z & x keys but with only actually using the z key. For the past week I've been using z and x and I can't think of another way I'd rather play this game. For me using only the mouse felt like DDR:ing with only one leg. Using the z key only feels like DDR:ing but only using one of the legs as support, not using it for the rythm at all. Kinda...ish.

Z&X!
Ivalset
I left mouse solely for easy sections.
For fast sections, I alternate click with mouse1/2.
Extremely fast stacks I use z/x.

I used to keyboard fast sections with a lot of mouse movement, but I can alternate most of them fine now.
So all in all, I'm an alternateclicking mouse user who uses keyboard only when necessary.
crystalsuicune
It depends on the beatmap's difficulty~if
the dons and katsus are alternated quite
often,I use z/x as my hands are not fast enough
to alternate between my stylus' buttons.

If it's an easy map,I try using the mouse.*coughTaikomodagaincough*
Asher005
using z and x feels weird..... *shudder*
oh loving you
Yeah, as a new player. I am trying to figure out to use mouse with single tapping or double tapping. I can feel the rhythm for single tapping but not fast enough for insane or sometimes hard maps. Double tapping is very complex, my mind will get confuse as to use z or x first though it's my only way to hit super super fast hit. But i started with single tapping for the first week and started using z/x this few days, maybe with time, i am able to master z/x. Overall, my opinion is that z/x is better than mouse clicking since you can use two hands.
F m L_old

oh loving you wrote:

Yeah, as a new player. I am trying to figure out to use mouse with single tapping or double tapping. I can feel the rhythm for single tapping but not fast enough for insane or sometimes hard maps. Double tapping is very complex, my mind will get confuse as to use z or x first though it's my only way to hit super super fast hit. But i started with single tapping for the first week and started using z/x this few days, maybe with time, i am able to master z/x. Overall, my opinion is that z/x is better than mouse clicking since you can use two hands.
Lawl.

Nice necro
IppE
F m L the necropolice
F m L_old

IppE602 wrote:

F m L the necropolice
like a boss
mochi
I use, the mouse.
Mara
MOUSE ONLY
kriers

LunaticMara wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
those

kriers wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
RhaiizoN

kriers wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
hoihoisoi
mouse only. I tried it z/x a few times and it was really really hard to get the timing right. Probably I'm just too used to mouse, so yea I stick to mouse.
Zelmarked
I had to start using keyboard. S+D. Comfortable position as It's the same hand position for WASD in FPS's.

4-5 star maps ask way too much in click speed to stay on mouse. Transition for me was hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't already, switch now.
kriers
to all mouse only users in this thread: Keep on with what you're doing! :)
We are a dying play style :o especially among those few who excell in it...
Just know that there is hardly any limit to how good you can become. There are few qualities about tablet and keyboard that cannot be achieved, in fact, I'd go as far as to say that only the very best tablet players unlock skills that are unreachable. ;)
cococococo_old
i cant play with keyboard, my left hand is sooo RGUWRUWRHTHWD
Yumi14_old
I cant play with mouse D:
i tried but i cant, but i can play with tablet a little :3
Winshley

cococococo wrote:

And I thought you have been streaming with the [C] and [O] keys, hence your nickname...

/me runs away :P
kriers
why are you so cool, cococococo! Long time bans AND mouse only. Ftw. hi5 o/
cococococo_old
hi5 :)

Winshley wrote:

cococococo wrote:

And I thought you have been streaming with the [C] and [O] keys, hence your nickname...

/me runs away :P
lolol
RhaiizoN
why 5 hours ban :o

and also.. hi5 too(?) \o
cococococo_old

RhaiizoN wrote:

why 5 hours ban :o

and also.. hi5 too(?) \o
5 hours? do you mean 341?
mathexpert
I used to be mouse only, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
now i use z/x on streams.

Zelmarked wrote:

Transition for me was hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't already, switch now.
Also This.
kriers

mathexpert9981 wrote:

I used to be mouse only, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
now i use z/x on streams.

Zelmarked wrote:

Transition for me was hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't already, switch now.
Also This.
I began playing as mouse only in May 2010 and switched to using keyboard in December12th 2010. I bought my first tablet 1 month later and played tablet + kb for the next 8 months. Then I went back to mouse only and have played like this since :3
savagereaperx1
Used to be a mouse only player at the start then changed to a z/x mouse player and i finally a tablet and z/x player just recently :)
Hijopr
I play hybrid (click/x). Tried z/x for a few weeks, it's not for me :'(.
Valentiino
Used to use z/x, noticed I can stream more smoother by using q/w
F m L_old
Mouse only sometimes
sometimes z/x
really depends on my mood
Kuria

RhaiizoN wrote:

kriers wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
Skuld
Mouse only. Tried to play with z/x, but it didn't work very well...
Kanye West
z/x, can't stream at all with only mouse
thelewa
J and K, though I break the keys pretty fast so I have to change them often. U and I next.
Dieathan
Mouse only. I do have my left hand hovering over z and x but never use them because my left hand fingers are slower than my right hand fingers. Thankfully, my right hand fingers are fast enough to do streams alright.
Neruell

ragelewa wrote:

J and K, though I break the keys pretty fast so I have to change them often. U and I next.
I am not good with the design/structure of mechanical keyboards so I wonder what does "break" in it? Just curious.
thelewa

Neruell wrote:

ragelewa wrote:

I am not good with the design/structure of mechanical keyboards so I wonder what does "break" in it? Just curious.
I think I used a misleading word but what really happens is that the letters start to repeat, like if I press "H" on my keyboard it types it 2-3 (sometimes even 7) times nowadays so I can't use it to play osu anymore. It happens because while mechanical keyboards can take a ridiculous amount of presses they aren't designed to survive playing osu. (Quick consecutive presses = harder on the switches than normal typing, and we use more force than normal when we stream too.)

Edit: I don't really know what exactly breaks in the switch but here's a link detailing the problem further: http://elitekeyboards.com/support.php?lang=en#5

unfortunately my warranty doesn't cover "breaking switches because of playing osu" and shipping my kb back to Canada or something is a pain in the ass
Neruell

ragelewa wrote:

I think I used a misleading word but what really happens is that the letters start to repeat, like if I press "H" on my keyboard it types it 2-3 (sometimes even 7) times nowadays so I can't use it to play osu anymore. It happens because while mechanical keyboards can take a ridiculous amount of presses they aren't designed to survive playing osu. (Quick consecutive presses = harder on the switches than normal typing, and we use more force than normal when we stream too.)

Edit: I don't really know what exactly breaks in the switch but here's a link detailing the problem further: http://elitekeyboards.com/support.php?lang=en#5

unfortunately my warranty doesn't cover "breaking switches because of playing osu" and shipping my kb back to Canada or something is a pain in the ass
Hmm and how long do you use your keyboard and how often you "play" osu with the same buttons untill you switch them?
show more