forum

Will 7K benefit me?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BetterCallSaul8
So I'm decent at 4k Mania but I have been interested in 7K for a while. How should I go about starting 7k, and will it take me a long time to get decent at it? Thanks!
McEndu
7K is drastically different from 4K. Most of your 4K skills won't work in 7K, and I'm afraid that you'll have to start over like with starting to play any other rhythm games.

A general method: Start with 1*. If you can beat a 1* map with ease (I would say gaining an S), move on to 2*, and so on until you reach something that isn't easy to beat, then practice at that level.

As always, play more, skill more.
Haengsyo
How should I go about starting 7k?
Play convert maps to learn basic finger independence, and then slowly move to ranked maps once you feel like it. This will help you ease into 7k.

Will it take me a long time to get decent at it?
Maybe, maybe not. It took me 6 months to go from nothing to an almost 500pp play on 7k, but I know a lot who've been playing for way longer than me who are still stuck at the 5* range. It's different for everyone.
catzlucky

BetterCallSaul8 wrote:

So I'm decent at 4k Mania but I have been interested in 7K for a while. How should I go about starting 7k, and will it take me a long time to get decent at it? Thanks!
it will in the long term

start as early as possible if you can

first, get a skin that fits for you. (and tweak it if you're not fully statisfied)
second, start with low star (0.5-1.3*) maps until you're comfortable playing the chart, increase diff and repeat.

i suggest to download a LOT of 7k maps, even graveyarded ones

i don't really recommend converts, unless you want to play that convert map
Topic Starter
BetterCallSaul8
Hi everyone!

Thank you very much for all the suggestions, and I apologize for not responding earlier because for some reason I saw these notifications late :/

I do know basic finger independence, as I have been playing piano for 5+ years, but what is a good skin? Is the Hueshift Glow skin good for general use?

Again, thanks for all the help! :)
Grassgrow
Absolultely dont play any convert maps ever. Theyre terrible and have no flow, they awkward, dont fit the intensity of the music and theres more than enough 7k charts available. Best for practice is incremental rate mod like in Etterna or Quaver for 7k, or play stuff thats too difficult on HT so its manageable, it teaches you the harder patterns that will come in those higher difficulties that you cant play without HT yet.

about 15gb of 7k charts, beginner charts also included
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bko9iqmu2ehksga/coro%2527s_7k_MEGAPACK_vol.1.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o4z6of0ii3w5yej/coro%2527s_7k_MEGAPACK_vol.2.rar/file

I use the Clearium skin, its a simple sleek bar skin

community/forums/topics/203238
Topic Starter
BetterCallSaul8
Thanks for your advice Grass! :)
Haengsyo

Grassgrow wrote:

Absolultely dont play any convert maps ever. Theyre terrible and have no flow, they awkward, dont fit the intensity of the music and theres more than enough 7k charts available.

I disagree heavily. Convert maps help a lot in the early game, and I never understood why people say "convert maps bad". There are hardly any regular maps for new players to play if they don't know where to look for 7k. Alter(rank 13) confirmed that convert maps are super useful to get started on 7k, and it’s what I used to improve from nothing to almost 500pp in half a year. Convert maps get wonky after like 3*, but maps before that are crucial in building basic finger independence. Do not underestimate convert maps.

Also, quaver and etterna are not the best for 2 reasons. 1: its not as polished as osu!mania, and 2. they don't have the same mechanics such as skins, scroll speed, hitpos, feel, etc. If you want to get better at osu!mania, the best way is to play osu!mania(not to mention etterna 7k is scuffed asf lmao)

Edits: clarified a few points and autocorrect mistakes