forum

[duplicate] Allow users to disable #osu from opening on startup

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gamer_Shy
I recognize this is considered to be the "main" channel of the game, however, there are many annoying issues with it being open.
#1) Language. It's an English only channel, and as a result, it's pointless to keep opening it for players who don't use English as their primary language. (unless osu already handles that, then this is a moot point, I'm not certain as I ONLY speak English)

#2) Toxicity. Anyone who's been in #osu in recent times has witnessed just how horribly toxic it is. People arguing, people making fun of others, etc. Even sharing your own opinion on something results in a massive amount of insults and aggression from people who don't agree with your opinion, regardless of how subjective it is.

#3) Not wanting to be part of the chat in the first place. Many people already just close #osu on startup, and if anyone uses the chat ticker to see messages pop up when, for example, chatting with a friend, or in a channel they actually like talking in, they'll see the toxic conversations pop right up at the bottom of the screen, which is very off putting in the first place.

Simply make so that if the channel is closed, it doesn't open, or offer it as an option to disable it from opening. It being the "main channel" doesn't warrant it being important enough to be forced in people's face every time they start up the game. I, for one, never have any interest in chatting in the channel, and only get further and further repulsed from the game the more I see the chat.
abraker