forum

Modding queues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
I want to get feedback on my map, and improve my mapping skills but I really don't like modding queues. I know I just post my map in their queues but I don't want to spam my beatmap everywhere. They're also sorted my newest so I don't know who to chose or who will even look at my beatmap. Everyone a stranger and I don't want to shove my work onto them. Any advice?
Zelzatter Zero
if you don't want other people to mod your map, you can just ask someone you know for this, which unless they have good gasp of the editor, I personally find it way worse.

Also don't feel bad about spamming your map everywhere. Other people do this all the time to increase the probability of getting the map modded. However, you have to do it in moderation or else it will be considered as spam, but if you don't want, that's fine as well.

If you don't know how to choose, you can go to their queue, read their rules to see if there's a probability they would accept your map, and their status as well (Your chance will decrease significantly if you post right after the queue is closed).
Eni
I checked your maps and DM'd you some general feedback. I don't think you should worry about modding queues for now since your maps aren't at the level where an experienced modder would want to mod them, and I often see new modders giving harmful advice towards mappers in general (both new and experienced).
WitherMite
look at the modder's profile and see how active they are, how they write their mods and how they mod others. Think about how you'd like to get feedback and if they'd be a good match.

Personally I dont usually go that far though and just post in queues where I'm not breaking any rules, dont plan on ranking any maps anytime soon so if I get a modder who just wants to nitpick its simple enough to just change and resolve, and try and think for myself why I made that mistake (if it was actually a mistake, obviously modders arent perfect either). dont think too hard if you cant figure out what was wrong and they wont elaborate, just forget about it and move on honestly you'll figure it out eventually if was actually an issue, better to have no idea than to think you're right and be wrong. take any and all modding advice with a grain of salt

for a new mapper try and find modders who will actually leave you advice instead of just pointing out single mistakes in a sea of them as if you know why that's wrong. they do exist. there's modding a basically rankable map, and theres modding a new mapper, different things. don't just jump on every queue that says its for new mappers either, they are often new modders who think it'll be easier, make sure they have an idea of what they are doing.

also, dont worry about shoving your work onto them, they opened their queue to get mod requests. as long as you dont break any rules they wont care.

best thing is to make mapping friends who can help you though. modding is built to get ready to push ranked more than its made for improving mappers.
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
Really appreciate the advice, thank you everyone.