forum

[resolved] FC mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
rakiru_old
Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find it in search.

I'd like a mod similar to Sudden Death that will also fail if you miss the end of a slider, or anything else that would cause you to miss a note but still continue in Sudden Death. I've been trying to FC a map, but I keep managing to miss the end of a slider and don't notice until the end.
Jinxy
...Perfect Mod?

Just click Sudden Death again.
MillhioreF
Sudden Death but for sliderends too? I reeeally don't see the point...
Full Tablet

MillhioreF wrote:

It's not always completely obvious when you miss a slider end.

It's frustrating when you erase a FC record in a map with a non-FC record in the online rankings accidentally because of that.
Winshley

Jinxy wrote:

...Perfect Mod?

He wants to do regular full combo, not SS.

Missing slider end reduces the combo count, which the OP doesn't want too as well.

Full Tablet wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

It's not always completely obvious when you miss a slider end.
This, especially when speed are involved.

Then again, I really don't see the point of this request because it doesn't make much difference with current SuddenDeath mod behavior.
Topic Starter
rakiru_old

Winshley wrote:

Then again, I really don't see the point of this request because it doesn't make much difference with current SuddenDeath mod behavior.
I was hesitant to submit the feature request because of this, but I finished the map so many times thinking I'd FCed it, only to find out I didn't quite make a single slider.
deadbeat
it's easy, see a 100 on a slider, retry \:D/
winber1
why would you care. i could care less about not acutally full combo-ing a map. all i care about is good enough accuracy so i don't get like rank 2409ituw890u554334 on a map
Kaeru
I thought the whole point of SD was to FC maps. To me, the fact that you can even continue to play on SD after losing your combo is a bug.

Simply just fix the SD mod so that it works properly for what people use it for.
Oinari-sama
Actually why does Slider Miss give S in the first place? I always find it weird but never understood why it was designed this way...
Kaeru
Oh, so you can still get an S after a slider miss? I guess there is another use for SD then, if you want to get an S on a song (as useful or useless as this might be). I shouldn't think it would be too hard to just add another mod in between SD and PF, though.
Topic Starter
rakiru_old

deadbeat wrote:

You don't always see them though, as I said in my earlier post. On slower maps, sure, but on ones with lots of notes/jumps, it's easy to miss one and not notice.

winber1 wrote:

why would you care. i could care less about not acutally full combo-ing a map. all i care about is good enough accuracy so i don't get like rank 2409ituw890u554334 on a map
Is it really that hard to see why someone would want to FC a map? This is a game. People play it for fun. Some people find it fun to try FCing a map.
nanda2009

rakiru wrote:

You don't always see them though, as I said in my earlier post. On slower maps, sure, but on ones with lots of notes/jumps, it's easy to miss one and not notice.
Well, you can differ a green object from a pack of yellow objects, right? :roll:
Topic Starter
rakiru_old

nanda2009 wrote:

rakiru wrote:

Well, you can differ a green object from a pack of yellow objects, right? :roll:
Considering I'm having this problem, I obviously can't 100% of the time. If the notes are green or if I'm looking at a different part of the screen, it's possible to miss, as I have said.
Knarf
Use skin which you can more easily distinguish 100 and 300
Some people may think minus 1 or 2 combo when hitting a 100 in slider is also FC, and it's not a big deal at all.
If you really want a perfect Full Combo, retry and when you get used to it, you will allow more time for slider to have a 300.
TouchFluffyTail

rakiru wrote:

Considering I'm having this problem, I obviously can't 100% of the time. If the notes are green or if I'm looking at a different part of the screen, it's possible to miss, as I have said.
Another way you can tell if you 100'd a slider is if your HP bar suddenly drops a ton for apparently no reason when hitting sliders. I have a bright HP bar, so between just seeing if I hit a 100, and my HP bar freaking out, I never miss seeing when I hit a slider short.
lolcubes

deadbeat wrote:

This.

If anything, maybe modify sudden death to include 100s from sliders because you lose on combo.
Raging Bull
If you do transparent 300s, it's simple to see slider end 100s.
nanda2009
I thought Sudden Death will automatically fail if there's a slider break
Rei Hakurei

nanda2009 wrote:

I thought Sudden Death will automatically fail if there's a slider break
slider end break -> NO
slider start break -> YES
slider tick miss -> YES

thats it,

sudden death applied to every combo breaker.
Onisakura

Jinxy wrote:

...Perfect Mod?

Yep, i think this 2 mods will be enough
And you suggest something "medium" between this two mods. Looks like overmod ;)
Crowie
I'm thinking of an FC mod where you fail if you get a combo break, that you can tell from the comboreak sound
and/or if you get 50s
sorry I'm kinda noob here..
Bara-

ghostshipCrowie wrote:

I'm thinking of an FC mod where you fail if you get a combo break, that you can tell from the comboreak sound
and/or if you get 50s
sorry I'm kinda noob here..
This request aims at the loss of combo gain when missing a sliderend
You don't break combo, you just don't get any combo from it either

That said, I think this idea is good
Stefan
Perfect Mod suits this request well enough.