forum

[Proposal - osu!] The map must be able to be ssed by auto

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
osulover2021
ok so i stumbled across a qualifed map called "sakuraburst - Glacierfall (Fall Remix)" and found out that auto is not able to ss the top diff due to two gignatic sliders: I feel like this map should be disqualified and make a new rule:

"The Auto mod must be able to get 100% on a map. This include clicking all hit circles correctly, not missing any slider ticks or ends on any sliders and completing all spinners perfectly."

Also this map isn't aspire (a contest where mappers are encouraged to ignore the Ranking Criteria)
FVKAWA
WitherMite
why should it matter if auto can SS though?

people in the beatmap discussion are pretty much in agreement that the sliders are reasonable for humans to SS.
Zelzatter Zero
Extremely fast sliders is not a good reason for why the "Auto can SS" should be a rule. You can see the above post that this problem can be extremely inconsistent, and if it's not enough, here's mine as well:

As Wither said, even if Auto cannot SS it, it's still human-SS'able. It is mainly due to how sliders work.

In the whole slider, the only thing it accounts is the sliderhead, slidertail, and most importantly, slider ticks. How you follow the slider doesn't matter, as long as you hit all of them.

In the map you mentioned, the slider ticks have a long enough gap inbetween for players to see where it is and aim at it, therefore they can easily complete them without slider drops. You can see fieryrage's take on doing them, and you can see he's not getting any 100s either of the sliders at all.

If it's possible for a normal player to SS them without the help of a 3rd party program, then it's fine.
Chromate
if your pcs auto doesnt ss a qualified map its probably a you issue or a random lag tbh
yaspo
consensus seems fairly obvious in that auto isn't flawless on all edge cases as we'd expect it to be, so practical evidence > auto here
archiving this one