forum

Accessing Beatmaps from others with password

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Ryuukun wrote:

The only problem is,
i have no idea if that is possible.
Of course it is.

I disagree with this idea, however. Rather than having a password, have the user own the map. The original author cannot touch difficulties owned by others (well, they can, but changes will be ignored when uploading), and similarly additional mappers to the set cannot touch difficulties not theirs. Also, those additional mappers can own other files (for e.g. difficulty-specific skins), just as the original author owns the MP3 and things.

So basically I think a permission system would work better than a password system.
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
thats fine too.
password was just the only thing i could think of.
The idea is the same.
Echo
I like the idea of a permission system built into osz2.
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
hmm this can't be forgotten D:
Derekku
Bump. I just recently remembered a nice song that never got updated because the creator hasn't been around. A permission system to update/take over the map sounds good to me.
Echo
If he's not around anymore, just take it and reupload it as your own.
Kitsunemimi
I really like this idea. (Apparently Roley isn't too interested in KONATA ZONE)
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
*woosh*

I'll upload it and get my own priority stars on my own time. Thanks for your concern, Derekku. xD
Derekku
anonymous_old
I think you're missing the point, Derekku.

This allows joint ownership of a map, at the original mapper's approval. It's not meant for map takeovers. There was some other (denied) feature request for that.

If you want to map a song which is in the graveyard, and want to in any way include some work of the original mapper, just steal it.
Derekku

strager wrote:

I think you're missing the point, Derekku.

This allows joint ownership of a map, at the original mapper's approval. It's not meant for map takeovers. There was some other (denied) feature request for that.
Uh, I think you're missing what I said. I only mentioned map takeover because it might? be possible with "joint ownership."

strager wrote:

If you want to map a song which is in the graveyard, and want to in any way include some work of the original mapper, just steal it.
One is not allowed to steal another's work like that. I would think that a gMod like yourself would know that. :| (Unless you're just being reta sarcastic again)
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
actually i only wanted to make collabs easier with some kind of permission system.
I never mentioned any "take over" :P
Derekku
bagnz0r
Mmk, but go ahead and encrypt this password in way that's "not-crackable".
anonymous_old

BagnoGamer wrote:

It's called not being stupid, I think.
bagnz0r

strager wrote:

BagnoGamer wrote:

It's called not being stupid, I think.
Nope, it's just a different term.
Tell me how many times "not being stupid" worked in this case? (Don't answer) ;)
peppy
It's called not encrypting in the first place. You are looking for hashing.