forum

User accounts/profiles [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften
Hello friends!

Hello. I took a holiday to a friends house, and I decided to share my USB drive. It had OSU on it.
One of my friends really played it a lot, However, he was just a beginner, So he removed some of my best scores of mine. I know I still have the replay, But I thought It would of been good to have a account or profile setup for OSU. So that way, I can keep my scores, and others can play OSU in a separate manner.

I'm sure some people play OSU without anyone else. But Recently, My brother has taken a interest in OSU, and He keeps on logging me via the OSU game.

I'm currently of tangled between logging in and trying to win back my scores.

So do you think this is a good idea? Bear in mind, Some people have to share the computer,and whatever is on it.
BlackStat
So what feature are you requesting?

I see that you have some kind of problem, but what is the thing you want added into Osu! to make it a better game?
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften
I'm requesting a profile setup. So I can access my stuff, and my others can access their stuff. Probably preferred with a password too.
deadbeat
why can't he have his own osu! account?
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften

deadbeat wrote:

He does, he just keeps logging me off in the process.
deadbeat
oh the horror
so let me get this straight. you want a way, so you're BOTH logged on, but have separate score submissions?
BlackStat

Agent cheiften wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

He does, he just keeps logging me off in the process.
Wait wa-

OH

You must want like a account select on Osu! Like how windows has different accounts in the welcome screen.

Tbh, I don't really see a need for this as it's just logging into an account. All you have to do is enter two lines of data. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften

deadbeat wrote:

oh the horror
so let me get this straight. you want a way, so you're BOTH logged on, but have separate score submissions?
I don't actually think "both" should be able to log in at the same time. But If my friend (Alex) had a extra profile stored with the osu game, Then he can just go to he's profile, Type in he's password. and so then the OSU game will then log her in, and display her scores and etc.

SO rather then take it that OSU is for only 1 person, it can be for several people, using profile managed by osu (The Game).
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften

BlackStat wrote:

He does, he just keeps logging me off in the process.[/quote]

Wait wa-

OH

You must want like a account select on Osu! Like how windows has different accounts in the welcome screen.

Tbh, I don't really see a need for this as it's just logging into an account. All you have to do is enter two lines of data. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.[/quote]

Yes, That's what I'm trying to say. Thanks for the understanding. :)
BlackStat

Agent cheiften wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

oh the horror
I don't actually think "both" should be able to log in at the same time. But If my friend (Alex) had a extra profile stored with the osu game, Then he can just go to he's profile, Type in he's password. and so then the OSU game will then log her in, and display her scores and etc.

SO rather then take it that OSU is for only 1 person, it can be for several people, using profile managed by osu (The Game).
The game is already set up for more than one person logging into it. You just need to connect to Osu! and enter account information. There shouldn't be a problem having multiple people logging into one computer's Osu! client.
deadbeat
i really don't see this has something that's needed. just log off when you're not playing, then log back in when you are playing :/
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften

deadbeat wrote:

i really don't see this has something that's needed. just log off when you're not playing, then log back in when you are playing :/
I don't want to keep logging in. I just wish it was automatic, So That's when it made me think. "Profiles".
alxnr
From the OP, your problem is your friend deleted your local scores, right?
Why not just request a feature: make local scores can only be deleted by the one who submitted it (when s/he's online)?
I dunno about submitted local scores when osu! is offline, though.

From my point of view, different "profiles" could have different settings (in options), preferences (like background dim in each beatmap), and also different privilege. So it's kinda too much for solving your problem imo.
BlackStat

alxnr wrote:

From the OP, your problem is your friend deleted your local scores, right?
Why not just request a feature: make local scores can only be deleted by the one who submitted it (when s/he's online)?
I dunno about submitted local scores when osu! is offline, though.

From my point of view, different "profiles" could have different settings (in options), preferences (like background dim in each beatmap), and also different privilege. So it's kinda too much for solving your problem imo.

Wait when was it that local scores could be deleted? I don't remember that.

Also, you could just ask your friends/family to not delete stuff on Osu!

and- the whole automatic login without input of account credentials is kinda stupid (no protection on your account - why would you want this?)
It only takes like 5 seconds to log into your Osu! account. Don't be lazy now.
alxnr
^
Right click on a local score, then "1. Delete score". Idk if there's other way than this
You have to refresh to see it deleted.
Dexus
I think he's saying for a multiple account management system of some sort. IE keep a list of people who logged in and want to be listed and then have them easily selected then password put in (log in screen basically, this was related to another post where the log in window being external to the game was addressed).

File wise the scores would be separated into totally different files labeled with the user's name ie scores.username.db and loaded in once logged in (this would be great for sharing local scores to others now that I think about it) or when deleting local scores it would only delete the scores of the person logged in.

Flaws of this:
Multiaccounting leverage
Inability to remove scores from your lists if it is left to just scores.db

I don't really see peppy investing time into something like this, but then again I don't know exactly how he thinks. Wait and see.
Topic Starter
Agent cheiften
I should of just said this, It will make a lot more sense:
Title:
Score synchronization.
Can you please add score synchronization to OSU? That way, even if my score's are removed, I can still get them back.
--end of message--

hah? I just figured, this might already exist...

But I don't know.
pixeldesu

Agent cheiften wrote:

score synchronization
This already exists, kinda. Every score you get, which is submitted online, will be 'syncronized' with every other session or re-installation or whatever. If you want to keep your local scores, tho, you need to save the "scores.db" every time, or backup it.
deadbeat
i'm getting more and more confused as to whats going on here ;__;
pixeldesu

deadbeat wrote:

i'm getting more and more confused as to whats going on here ;__;
Same. I just try to find out what the user wants and answering their question or stuff, but...it's hard and confusing.
Kurokami
I though this is the same as when you log into your windows account, but after I read them all, I dunno. This request is looks kinda silly now, maybe just because of the bad explanation.
pixeldesu

Kurokami wrote:

I though this is the same as when you log into your windows account, but after I read them all, I dunno. This request is looks kinda silly now, maybe just because of the bad explanation.
This started with this profile request, which is kinda invalid, because you can easily switch between accounts already (just logging in/out). Now this second request (in a already confusing thread) came up, which is already here (solution/answer posted above).
Kurokami
Then my answer: *facepalm*
deadbeat
ok you know what. lets just do this.

Agent cheiften wrote:

I should of just said this, It will make a lot more sense:
Title:
Score synchronization.
Can you please add score synchronization to OSU? That way, even if my score's are removed, I can still get them back.
--end of message--

hah? I just figured, this might already exist...

But I don't know.
i have no idea what you mean by this, but it sounds unrelated to the original request, therefore, i'm ignore it until you make it its own request. though i'm not sure how far that will get.
getting back to the original request, it sounds very similar to just logging in and logging out. it's pretty much the exact same thing. it works perfectly fine. if you need to use it, click on your user icon thing at the main menu. i'm just gonna mark this as resolved. any further issues, you let me know :)
izzydemon
what's OSU ?w?
deadbeat
Ohio State University
people should stop mixing the 2 up ._."