forum

Score V2 should Give PP

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rollercoaster
I think it would be useful if the player was rewarded for pp regardless of if Score V2 was enabled or not .If someone had a "new top play" with score V2 on, they as is, wouldn't recieve any pp. However, I propose that a play with the mod Score V2 could be rewarded for pp as if a the player never had Score V2. I understand there are mods that make things unranked... but ScoreV2 doesn't give benefits to play. Even making past plays that used score V2 rewarding of pp would not "screw up all the leaderboards", a common consideration of alterations of the pp system.

My question that sparked this post was "Why doesn't the Score V2 also calculate what a standard play would be in the case you get a top play but you have the mod on"
Farfocele
I'm pretty sure that would cause some issues for the ranked leaderboards, unless im wrong.
Zelzatter Zero
Scorev2, although was originally made to bypass the score overload, has a completely different mechanic such as sliderhead leniency, which isn't a thing in the current scoring, and it was more towards accuracy as well instead of purely combo in the current scoring, therefore, you would have to recalculate PP formula in order to reflect the play with score v2 well. You can't just simply slap the PP system of the former to the latter when they are vastly different.
Topic Starter
Rollercoaster

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

... therefore, you would have to recalculate PP formula in order to reflect the play with score v2 well...

Do you think that such a calculation would be negative or beneficial to the game? If you don't, what argument do you have against why a play shouldn't be scored in this way.
Zelzatter Zero
I don't have any problem with the PP recalculation, so I'll not give any argument on that.

The reason why scorev2 remains unranked was because it is accuracy-based, which means your 99% 1 miss would be roughly the same as 97-98% FC. In rhythm game sense it's fine, but in the game where combo is prevalent I'm pretty sure people will try to debunk it as much as possible, along with the sliderhead leniency which can affect negatively to how mapping is formed and how the game is played.

Scorev2 is fine as is for an unranked mod.
Topic Starter
Rollercoaster

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I don't have any problem with the PP recalculation, so I'll not give any argument on that.

The reason why scorev2 remains unranked was because it is accuracy-based, which means your 99% 1 miss would be roughly the same as 97-98% FC. In rhythm game sense it's fine, but in the game where combo is prevalent I'm pretty sure people will try to debunk it as much as possible, along with the sliderhead leniency which can affect negatively to how mapping is formed and how the game is played.

Scorev2 is fine as is for an unranked mod.
You don't think that there should be any change but I think any plays with score V2 enabled should also be considered for their score v1 values. With the caveat of acc. on sliders rewarding different, that solely means that you can't consider what a score v2 play would be given you played with score v1 from the get go.. Any number of sliders hit inaccurately would result in a fail given the right circumstance. BUT! Any and every single v2 play that is completed would be a pass with score v1. It isn't impossible to figure what a play would be rewarded for a score v1 play. What would need to happen is that any sliders hit in score v2 are just judged as 300s that's pretty simple in retrospect everything else as far as combo and score is the rest of the work... It's not impossible to reward a player accurately as if the never had score v2 on for score v2 plays.
McEndu
If a new pp algorithm was decided for the v2 mechanics and v2 gives pp, it would be mostly trivial to make lazer scores ranked and...