forum

Timing setup Volume [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
At timing setup /audio / volume.

You get to see the volume ticks. Replace those ticks with numbers? From 0 to 10 maybe?
Or add numbers below them?

I sometimes have to count the ticks to make the volume the same as another timing section.
Would be easier with numbers i guess.

Thx
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
I would like a spin box, maybe in addition to the sliders.

(A spinbox looks like one of these widgets:

Closing parentheses.)

Most of the time I just edit the .osu file, though (which I do a lot, and I don't think peppy likes that). I'll probably do that if I want to change the volume of multiple timing sections at the same time.
Larto

strager wrote:

Most of the time I just edit the .osu file, though (which I do a lot, and I don't think peppy likes that)
Why shouldn't he like that, lol. You're just making stuff more accurate, peppy won't kill you for this.

Also, yes, this would probably help most mappers that like using inherited sections for volume. <3

Support.
Gens
I always have to use the left and right keys. It's kinda annoying...

+1
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto

strager wrote:

Larto wrote:

strager wrote:

Most of the time I just edit the .osu file, though (which I do a lot, and I don't think peppy likes that)
Why shouldn't he like that, lol. You're just making stuff more accurate, peppy won't kill you for this.
My bug report was quickly denied. =[

What would be cool is if you could select multiple timing sections and change options for all of them.
Well, THERE you changed the .osu file to something that doesn't work. Editing the .osu file just to correct the sound volume is alright.

Also, you CAN select multiple timing sections in the timing setup panel by pressing AltChar (Or whatever that button is called in English?) and then selecting the timing sections you want to change by clicking them. This is a bit buggy, though.
Ekaru

strager wrote:

My bug report[/url] was quickly denied. =[

What would be cool is if you could select multiple timing sections and change options for all of them.
As said, there you messed with crap you shouldn't have. If it's something you could do in the Editor, and you're just using the .osu to be lazy to be more precise, it's generally alright. He only went "No" because there was no reason to change anything in that case, because you just did something idiotic. So yeah...

*ahem* Having numbers would be nice, it would save me some time.

---------------------------

As for snapping? You can already snap... Let me explain how that works. What you do is click on the slider, like you do when you move it, and drag it all the right to the right/left. Now use the arrow keys to move the pointy thingy. WOW, look at what you just did! Yep, you just snapped to half-tick precision. ;)

Some of you appear to not have known that, so it might be nice for you to know how you can easily make it snap. Works on any of the sliders, actually.

EDIT: As for numbers? I'm mixed on that. Don't really care. On one hand, it would be convenient. On the other hand, it wouldn't look pretty to me, and we have lived without numbers on difficulty settings. So, I don't really know. :/

EDIT2: Made it clearer (and fixed something)
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

strager wrote:

My bug report[/url] was quickly denied. =[

As said, there you messed with crap you shouldn't have. If it's something you could do in the Editor, and you're just using the .osu to be lazy to be more precise, it's generally alright. He only went "No" because there was no reason to change anything in that case, because you just did something idiotic. So yeah...
I was rotating a complicated slider 45 degrees. Worked but I encountered the bug along the way.

Ekaru wrote:

As for snapping? You can already snap... Let me explain how that works. What you do is click on the slider, like you do when you move it. Now use the arrow keys to move the pointy thingy. WOW, look at what you just did! Yep, you just snapped to half-tick precision. ;)

Some of you appear to not have known that, so it might be nice for you to know how you can easily make it snap. Works on any of the sliders, actually.
If I recall when you click either side of the "grabber" thingy it should shift some distance to that side. Similar to a scroll bar. However, it doesn't seem to do it in the osu! editor except for the Lead-In slider. (Hmm...)
Ekaru
What you do is you drag the slider all the way to the right (or left), and right after use the arrow keys to get what you want BTW. Gotta make sure to drag it all the way to the right though. Forgot that important detail before anyone gets confused, sorry.

That said, I have no idea what you are talking about strager. ><; If you're just rotating the slider, you don't need a #. So you just confused me there.

EDIT: Since no one's going to read the .osu anyways. :P
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

That said, I have no idea what you are talking about strager. ><; If you're just rotating the slider, you don't need a #. So you just confused me there.
Many people want different timing sections to have the same volume. A number would help with this.

In a mod you could say "a volume of 42 sounds better to me," for example, and it'd be easier to check.
Ekaru
Jarby
No.