forum

[Supporter] Update map when spectating automatically [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Aqo
Right now if you're supporter and come to spectate somebody, if they play a map you don't have it downloads it automatically upon request and then resets the spec without requiring you to manually reset it. That's a really nice feature.

However, if somebody is playing a map you already have, which is pending and got updated, it forces you to go out of spec, update manually, then return. This feature request is asking to make updating automatic - i.e. if the person you're spectating plays a map ID you already have but you either have a not-up-to-date .osu file or lack the .osu file (new difficulty was added, or rename) the game would update/download the required .osu on its own.
TheVileOne
What if you try to spectate someone who doesn't have the latest version of your beatmap. It will overwrite any recent changes you made. This needs to not affect maps you've made.IMO it shouldn't update automatically, but the option to update appears in the osu!direct window. That would be the safest way to avoid losing progress.
Topic Starter
Aqo
If the spectated player doesn't have the latest version of the map then his version would update with a prompt

as simple as that
Mira-san

Aqo wrote:

If the spectated player doesn't have the latest version of the map then his version would update with a prompt

as simple as that
That was I was thinking. Though I think this has also downsides when the spectated person made progress or have worked on this map.
boat
Make the option to update it through o!d, just add an "update" button to it.
Wishy
^That.
Hanyuu
i made that request 2 weeks ago or so
theowest

Hanyuu wrote:

i made that request 2 weeks ago or so
2 months actually
t/127123/