forum

Help me to rebalance the map diff (edm mapset)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Essentori
Description
Weeks and months of work and my not kinda first mapset (well theoretically it is tho ;_;) is still not ready at all.
I wanted this maps to be technical but as it turned out, I`m terrible at mapping completely...

There is the mapset: beatmapsets/1506361

The problem is I don`t like the difficulties osu assigned to this two maps, after all, they actually feel harder. I can`t even start mapping new diff until I like the ones I've already made.

I know this praying seem strange...
Can anyone point me to any moment or note that feels like unnecessary/strange/terrible and etc. tho? Like you can tell me any critique you want, I`ll accept that.
The main purpose is to make at least these two difficulties comfortable for play and as easy as the game considers OR as difficult so the game will appreciate the diff at its true value.

Thank you for attention!
And I can’t thank you enough if you will help!

Note
Map`s object only. If you don`t like music, bg, combos colors, hitsound and etc. it`s your choice and not worth talking about this here cuz it does not affect the difficult of the map
lewski
no dont do that

star rating SUCKS, it pretty much only considers pure aim and speed, so any map that challenges reading or finger/aim control or anything "technical" is going to be underweighted, no way around that

if you want star rating to reflect your map somewhat accurately, you have to map simple jumps and/or streams. if you want to map something else, you have to accept that the game won't be able to judge the map's difficulty accurately.

honestly, though, that's not really a problem; anyone with a brain will be able to look past the star rating and see how hard your map actually is once they see it
Topic Starter
Essentori

lewski wrote:

no dont do that

star rating SUCKS, it pretty much only considers pure aim and speed, so any map that challenges reading or finger/aim control or anything "technical" is going to be underweighted, no way around that

if you want star rating to reflect your map somewhat accurately, you have to map simple jumps and/or streams. if you want to map something else, you have to accept that the game won't be able to judge the map's difficulty accurately.

honestly, though, that's not really a problem; anyone with a brain will be able to look past the star rating and see how hard your map actually is once they see it
Yeah... the rating system does not count any reading intricacies but this fact does not help to solve the fact that my maps are spited into various parts such as soft generic, jumps (that makes starrate as it is) and ReAl difficultness parts. It would be great if someone could show me the mistakes that cause the different perceived complexity of parts of the map, even if I know how uninteresting and reluctant it is to do <3
Quozmox
Up the AR on your 3* and it'll make ur map twice as good imo.
Other than that, watch pishifat's videos to improve your general mapping and mapping patterns will come naturally the more you map.
This was honestly a pretty good map for your first time every making one, I can tell you put a lot of effort into it. Keep it up man.