forum

Test bancho server

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
For a short period of time, I am stress testing a slightly optimised build of bancho and would appreciate you guys helping out. It will likely have a low server population, so feel free to use it to avoid the crowds and bring your friends along.

This is only available for a limited time. Need testing of multiplayer and just general connection numbers. You may also connect to IRC via the IP irc-temp.ppy.sh.

Access the test bancho using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Alt-0 from osu!.

All ranks/scores/etc will still be submitted as per usual. This only affects multiplayer and chat.
Lally
nice o3o
[CrusadeR]
looks like very good idea :)
Oinari-sama
Peppy why don't you publish an advertisement at the Main Screen to promote the test server? Something like what you did to the OWC will do.

If you want to test the sheer connection number I think you'll have to get more people on. Only a limited number of player population reads the forum regularly.

EDIT: Yeah need more people
Topic Starter
peppy
When I need to test it with more people I will switch everyone over.
lkwr
cant see the rankings on the normal bancho server anymore, gg

yes, this is after I went to the test bancho server and went back to the normal one

nvm, cool thing though.
BeatofIke
Nice!
theowest
Awesome, I hope you see the results you're looking for. :)
Flanster
Just fix the !faq system there first :I
dkun

LoliFlan wrote:

Just fix the !faq system there first :I
pshhhhh we don't need that
Topic Starter
peppy
FAQ is fixed. I will be doing some load testing during peak times by transferring idle players over.
Ableh
looks great!
Oinari-sama

lol you will be returns to the main server.

Hope everything went well :)
Kodora
Great!
qmarchi
Supporters only?
Topic Starter
peppy
I brought this down for a while as there was a bug causing it to crash. It's not a high priority, but I will be doing further testing in the near future.