pp System are acting weird?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aqo
who the hell cares

pointless poot

random number on the internet

why are people so desperate to stare at an RNG variable. Set your own goals and works towards them, don't watch some meaningless number to tell you what you can or can't do.
stop farming maps and start playing maps that you actually enjoy. mappers are losing motivation in making good maps since people complain the moment anything is hard, since they only try to farm easy stuff. uuugh
Winshley
Keep in mind this is a constantly evolving system, and you should focus on doing the best you can in order to improve it.
Just a reminder.

Anyways, with the "change" to the system (I believe so), both https://osu.ppy.sh/b/24002 and https://osu.ppy.sh/b/26719 randomly popped up into my Best Performance list. Some do stay, but their order are somehow changed as well. :lol:

Aqo wrote:

who the hell cares
This. :P
peppy
when talking about pp changes, please focus on rank, not raw numbers raw pp is soon to be hidden forever (since it is useless unless compared relatively to others).

and yes there have been changes, and will be more to come.
Callum

Aqo wrote:

who the hell cares

pointless poot

random number on the internet

why are people so desperate to stare at an RNG variable. Set your own goals and works towards them, don't watch some meaningless number to tell you what you can or can't do.
stop farming maps and start playing maps that you actually enjoy. mappers are losing motivation in making good maps since people complain the moment anything is hard, since they only try to farm easy stuff. uuugh
Except some peoples' goals are to get higher ranks?
Some people like to put mods/go for high ranks on maps they enjoy.
Personally I'm just looking for an answer, it doesn't really bother me.

peppy wrote:

when talking about pp changes, please focus on rank, not raw numbers raw pp is soon to be hidden forever (since it is useless unless compared relatively to others).

Friend went from 1540 -> 1600 (-70pp)
Aqo

Callum Melville wrote:

But that's the problem here

those "ranks" mean nothing
You think rank X makes you better than rank Y when X < Y? Guess what it doesn't.
It's a completely meaningless number on the internet.

If you enjoy going up ranks because you think it makes you better, then I'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't matter you better at all. You've been wasting your time all along. You should set actual goals, like, trying to get certain results on certain maps, measured by accuracy% and miss count.
The rank number in this game tells you no more than how much somebody wasted time on farming.

Threads like this are so... ugh. "my pp went from this to that". So what? Did this change anything for you? Are you less good of a player now that some number on the internet changed?

You don't "lose pp" when the pp system changes. Like peppy said, the recalculations and weightings just change value so the system becomes something else and thus the points you get on it become something completely different unrelated to what it was before. Instead of looking at this, look at solid stuff that stays true all the time, like how well you can perform when you actually play.
Callum

Aqo wrote:

Callum Melville wrote:

But that's the problem here

those "ranks" mean nothing
You think rank X makes you better than rank Y when X < Y? Guess what it doesn't.
It's a completely meaningless number on the internet.

If you enjoy going up ranks because you think it makes you better, then I'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't matter you better at all. You've been wasting your time all along. You should set actual goals, like, trying to get certain results on certain maps, measured by accuracy% and miss count.
The rank number in this game tells you no more than how much somebody wasted time on farming.

Threads like this are so... ugh. "my pp went from this to that". So what? Did this change anything for you? Are you less good of a player now that some number on the internet changed?
It's debatable that getting a high rank on a song takes a degree of skill. (Insanes +) I usually try to full combo all the "difficult" maps that are a challenge to me, so why not just put Hidden on anyways? When I play my goal is 97% accuracy and full combo, not how much pp I'll get, although I think many people enjoy being rewarded (to a degree) for their effort. Back when score determined your rank you still had people playing maps over and over with mods for the highest score possible. People will always want to have a high rank because it feels good. I wouldn't call one's rank 100% meaningless because obviously there is a skill difference between top 100 players and top 10000.

For me personally most of my pp came simply getting a full combo and high accuracy on high difficulty songs but that won't be the case soon, which is why I think the pp system should be based mainly on map difficulty, not rank.
Kert

peppy wrote:

.. raw pp is soon to be hidden forever (since it is useless unless compared relatively to others)...
Yes, there should be some other way to know how far are you from the person higher in terms of rank than you then
And maybe something that tells how good your score was < - I am not sure what this could be based on
In my opinion pp numbers can be safely hidden only after these two are done atleast
darkmiz

normal diff OP
Hattori Heiji

Otonashi Yuzuru wrote:

Or it's actually having a system change?

I saw quite a significant movement of pp on some players ( only looking at standard and mania ) which isn't usually happen.

cmiiw

EDIT : Okay it's getting weird. I got 100 pp for doing nothing, and my best performance are changing , almost half of it was the beatmaps that i played days ago, and didn't gave much pp
yeah.. i'm too , my pp was suddenly up .. and rank too
Topic Starter
KinkiN

peppy wrote:

imo it's easier for us to compare with others with amount of pp rather than our ranks.
Starry-

darkmiz wrote:

normal diff OP
>:(
Luna
Yes, I feel like easier diffs are overrated by quite a lot at the moment. My ranks across all modes stayed basically the same, so I don't really care about that part, but this suddenly jumped up to #6 of my top performances. The map is really easy and the only reason for my high rank is lack of contestation by good players.
Well, there's still time to see how the system is adjusted further. Just my two cents.
Tshemmp
So this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/106173?m=0 appears in my top performances now. Sorry to say that but it's getting worse.
Wishy

peppy wrote:

So there will be no way to know if we are actually going up or not, or how fast...

Callum Melville wrote:

It's debatable that getting a high rank on a song takes a degree of skill. (Insanes +) I usually try to full combo all the "difficult" maps that are a challenge to me, so why not just put Hidden on anyways? When I play my goal is 97% accuracy and full combo, not how much pp I'll get, although I think many people enjoy being rewarded (to a degree) for their effort. Back when score determined your rank you still had people playing maps over and over with mods for the highest score possible. People will always want to have a high rank because it feels good. I wouldn't call one's rank 100% meaningless because obviously there is a skill difference between top 100 players and top 10000.

For me personally most of my pp came simply getting a full combo and high accuracy on high difficulty songs but that won't be the case soon, which is why I think the pp system should be based mainly on map difficulty, not rank.
Nope, it's been proved that you can get #1 by farming hards.
primrose

my best performance is bad, it's not appearing my good replays on hard approved maps :(
Ziggo
Don't worry, it's the same for everyone and it gets worse by the day.
Lapis-
I think it goes without saying peppy: These changes are BAD.
kriers
I rose 3 ranks!!! \:D/ keep up the good work peppy!
Topic Starter
KinkiN
It's getting off topic? It's not about complaining whether the changes are bad or good.
Tanzklaue

Wishy wrote:

Callum Melville wrote:

Nope, it's been proved that you can get #1 by farming hards.
it's been proved that if you are cookiezi and a total baller then you farm insanes with HD DT like shadowsoul farms his hards.

needless to say that nobody stands a chance against cookiezi's farming abilities.

seems like most people lost pp, while some random people (like me \:D/) gained pp.
Liut

peppy wrote:

errr... what kind of change..?
Full Tablet
I rose about 900 ranks with about 2 hours of farming...

I think those changes need to be fine tuned.
Wishy

Tanzklaue wrote:

it's been proved that if you are cookiezi and a total baller then you farm insanes with HD DT like shadowsoul farms his hards.

needless to say that nobody stands a chance against cookiezi's farming abilities.

seems like most people lost pp, while some random people (like me \:D/) gained pp.
Yet you can beat Cookiezi@pp by farming hards... what's your point?
Pizzicato
farming normals is an option now?

brilliant
i love this update

funny though my pp boosted but my rank remained static
silmarilen
it has always been, maps like hit in the usa, speed over beethoven have already given tons of pp in the past
primrose
i didn't really farm these days- just playing random beatmaps.i farm when i'm bored.
darkmiz
this guy did nothing recently and look at his pp rank
Wishy
Tanzklaue

Wishy wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Yet you can beat Cookiezi@pp by farming hards... what's your point?
the point is that you can't. if you farm insanes like others farm hard, then you will get a ton more pp than hard-farmers.

the point is that besides cookiezi nobody can do it.
Wishy

Tanzklaue wrote:

the point is that you can't. if you farm insanes like others farm hard, then you will get a ton more pp than hard-farmers.

Well ShadowSoul did beat Cookiezi@pp by farming hards.
Dexus
What this change did: Made pp farmers stronger.

Thanks peppy. I work hard to get 99% on lunatics and get nothing while people do mods on easy maps and pass me up. I think you made the game even MORE unbalanced.

Doing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/142765 on Insane at 99% with hidden gets nothing
Doing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/150238 on Insane at 98% with hidden gets nothing
While doing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/46477 on Princess' revenge with hidden at 98% gets a LOT OF PP. The map isn't even hard! (Even when I SS'd it no mod it gave a lot of pp, I was really surprised!)

Seriously what the heck.

Even stuff like this http://puu.sh/37paI.jpg gives nothing.

(rages)

You can't really farm insane unless you're doing it on an unreal level with at least two mods on the most ridiculous maps.
Tanzklaue

Wishy wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Well ShadowSoul did beat Cookiezi@pp by farming hards.
that was like, a half year ago?

when cookiezi was just about to begin farming pp.if shadowsoul can do it now, then yes, I agree with you. but I don't think he can.
uzzi
Duxus' Comment

Dexus wrote:

What this change did: Made pp farmers stronger.

Thanks peppy. I work hard to get 99% on lunatics and get nothing while people do mods on easy maps and pass me up. I think you made the game even MORE unbalanced.

Doing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/142765 on Insane at 99% with hidden gets nothing
Doing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/150238 on Insane at 98% with hidden gets nothing
While doing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/46477 on Princess' revenge with hidden at 98% gets a LOT OF PP. The map isn't even hard! (Even when I SS'd it no mod it gave a lot of pp, I was really surprised!)

Seriously what the heck.

Even stuff like this http://puu.sh/37paI.jpg gives nothing.

(rages)

You can't really farm insane unless you're doing it on an unreal level with at least two mods on the most ridiculous maps.

Isn't that because the pp system only gives you pp if you're in the top 600? It's been like that the whole time.
Wishy

Tanzklaue wrote:

that was like, a half year ago?

when cookiezi was just about to begin farming pp.if shadowsoul can do it now, then yes, I agree with you. but I don't think he can.
You are just pointing out that Cookiezi can farm pp faster than anyone else, congratulations for stating the obvious, yet you can beat him by farming hards, it happened before and it can happen again.
Topic Starter
KinkiN
Okay guys let me clear up things : This is not the thread for you to complain about how pp farmers can beat you in pp. My intention creating this thread are to make ppl and Support Team notice that there are some changes in pp system, or maybe notify peppy if this is really an error. If you really want a high rank, you should do the same things what pp farmers do. Complaining won't help a bit

If you guys want to complain about pp thingy , go to feature request and ask for pp system deletion.

Thanks for those who not complaining things here :)
Wishy
There is no need for this thread, pp gets really bad everytime they modify it. Only real way to see if your change is good is to apply it and see how everything works out, you can say they just try something, break everything and then somehow fix it.
Topic Starter
KinkiN
if this thread aren't necessary, why there are no one locked this thread? even peppy himself didn't lock this thread. I hope for comments like " yeah mine was too. my pp decreased a lot TT. Hope this is an error " . not comment like " pp farmers suck! New systems made them easier to farms! fix it! " Just beat their best performance if you think that you're better than them.
Wishy
This thread's purpose is to inform osu!'s staff that they broke something@pp, they already know, therefore this thread serves no purpose. That does not mean it should be closed, discussion forums are meant for people to discuss.
Topic Starter
KinkiN
yeah, but this is not the places where you go complaining about pp farmers
peppy
Nothing was broken.