forum

Timing a song that changes time signature

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BiggerBonus
I'm trying to map a song that starts in 4/4, and changes to 5/4 for 1 measure. I tried creating a new timing point, but after closing the menu, it changed my other timing point to 5/4 as well. Any help is appreciated.
DeletedUser_13957006
it shouldnt do that

unless you changed the first timing point's time signature by accident
Topic Starter
BiggerBonus

Aiq wrote:

it shouldnt do that

unless you changed the first timing point's time signature by accident
It always looked fine until I actually closed the menu. I would add the timing point, and it would show 2 timing points on the right menu: one that is 4/4, and another that is 5/4. After closing the menu is when they would both change to 5/4. I think I might not be selecting the part of the song that I want to change to 5/4, and so it's just changing it to 5/4 from the very beginning, which the same spot the other timing point is on. I paused the song on the part that I wanted to change to 5/4, and then added the timing point. Is there something else I'm supposed to select or do?
DeletedUser_13957006
you might have created another timing point which offset is 0, and then the actual timing point is set to 5/4 by a mistake, HOWEVER that's pretty unlikely to happen

can you send a screenshot of the timing panel so that i can help you?
Topic Starter
BiggerBonus
I just checked the offsets, and they're set as the same. Thank you.
DeletedUser_13957006
yeahm just close the timing panel and go to the measure you wish to change the time signature for, open the timing panel, select the proper timing point and click the "Use Current Time" button
Topic Starter
BiggerBonus
Okay, thank you.