forum

scub's new 12* map going for rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geum Hui
so scub's is currently pushing his 12* for rank, and i saw a lot of people are against it for some reason. do people hate hard maps in general? because to be honest, i think the map represents the song pretty well. plus, it'll be really anti-climatic for the highest star rating pass turned out to be a 4mod tv size jumpy 1-2 with instead of something that's actually challenging
lewski
high SR kneejerk reaction

but on the other hand, does the map even have an audience without HT?
SaltyLucario
my main issue with the map (at least the top diff) - it doesn't offer anything interesting as a map outside of "366bpm jumps go brr" despite being so challenging and having so much free room in terms of design
of course this is mainly because of the song choice - it doesn't have much to offer as well and whether you want it or not it greatly limits potential of the map

both those things make the map seem to me as extremely forced, just to make that first 12* ranked happen

also, "it'll be really anti-climatic for the highest star rating pass turned out to be a 4mod tv size jumpy 1-2 with instead of something that's actually challenging"

first of all, 12* isn't just "challenging" - we have barely any no mod 10* passes and this should show well enough 12* is veeery far from player's reach for now
second - truly how much this map differs from tv size with dt? like i said, it's mostly stupid jump spam as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (worse jump spam to play as well as ar10 makes it harder to read than ar11+ you get by playing with dt)
Zelzatter Zero
It's simply just bcs the mappers are pushing too fast.

When The Promethean King gets ranked those argument mentioned were used to against the map in general (which is serving no purpose other than being hard). Miss You also have been criticised also bcs of the difficulty which is way out of players' skill at that time.

Now when there's just a few 10* maps and the 11* barrier has just been broken, the mappers just try to break a new difficulty barrier when the community haven't prepare much for it, that's why people are against about it in the first place: The map being too hard to handle.

TL;DR All I can see is just history repeats itself.
TJ Hess
imo seeing a 12* getting ranked raises the age-old question,

who are these maps even targeted towards?

its obvious nobody will be able to do this without ht, nf or even both in the near time future. its just too hard. like saltylucario said, we barely even have 12* passes, let alone any 11* passes, so who is realistically going to be able to enjoy this without having to put on literally every single difficulty reducer mod on?

it was just recently that we broke the 10* barrier in terms of getting stuff like that ranked, we don't need to keep pushing for a good 5 years because like i said, nobody will be able to do this stuff at all.

i don't have a problem with hard stuff getting ranked though. it fascinates me somewhat to how difficult people can make their maps, its just that there's clearly no targeted player base for this stuff.

at least for now, maybe in the near future there will be people insane enough to do, what is essentially, 183 bpm jump-streams.
Sophie Twilight
As much I like Kobaryo, the map however (final difficulty only) is literally only intended for high star ratings rather than song representation. Rhythm wise it's okay, but no way those ???BPM cross-screen jumps suits the fast-paced song. No matter how fast the song is, those much spacing between circles is so overkill. I would say this song is much better represented if it is tech-style map like those Camellia maps or Mismagius' Tool-Assisted Speedcore mapping style.

The song is S+ though.