forum

Experienced mappers willing to give me maps with incomplete sections

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tor
I'm not asking to mod maps, an example of what I want are maps like in the mentorship puzzles, I appreciate in advance for any mappers willing to help out a new mapper :)
lewski
unfinished graveyarded maps can work, although you usually won't have a gap to fill in; you'd just have to continue where the original mapper left off

you can also make this stuff yourself by taking a map you haven't seen before and deleting some parts without looking at them:
1. use the timing tab to find a section that sounds nice to delete
2. write down the timestamps for the start and end of the section
3. open the .osu file in notepad
4. delete the objects between the timestamps straight from the file. on each line under [HitObjects], the timestamp is the third number. it's in milliseconds in the file, so you may have to do a bit of simple maths to deal with the timestamps you get from the editor.

bam, you've got a mapping puzzle without ever having seen what you deleted
Topic Starter
tor

lewski wrote:

unfinished graveyarded maps can work, although you usually won't have a gap to fill in; you'd just have to continue where the original mapper left off

you can also make this stuff yourself by taking a map you haven't seen before and deleting some parts without looking at them:
1. use the timing tab to find a section that sounds nice to delete
2. write down the timestamps for the start and end of the section
3. open the .osu file in notepad
4. delete the objects between the timestamps straight from the file. on each line under [HitObjects], the timestamp is the third number. it's in milliseconds in the file, so you may have to do a bit of simple maths to deal with the timestamps you get from the editor.

bam, you've got a mapping puzzle without ever having seen what you deleted
alright thank you so much for the reply i appreciate it so much i’ll go ahead and start looking for some :)