forum

[invalid] Ability to set TAG2/4/x-maps as 'playmodes'

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
pixeldesu
Just another little request (I have way too many ideas in my head today...) affecting osu! handling with Co-op difficulties.

Why not offering the ability to set Co-op-Maps to their needed player count to play it without complains? It could be fixed easily with setting a TAG-Map to a fixed 'playmode', like locking a map to osu!mania/Taiko/CtB.

Or another idea, because these beatmaps are mostly ranked as well and blocking them from playability would be mad..maybe just show a warning at the selection or start of the song.

Concept (works for both suggestions) :

Ignore the fact that I have enabled CtB at the moment which hasn't even got Co-op.
boat
What's the issue with tag maps again? Why is this needed?

You would only be able to play them with multiple players in multiplayer anyways, why add annoying messages in solo.
Topic Starter
pixeldesu

boat wrote:

You would only be able to play them with multiple players in multiplayer anyways, why add annoying messages in solo.
That's the purpose of tag-maps, playing them with more people. And a little warning isn't annoying or distracting at all.
boat
Doesn't change the fact that this is useless in solo nonetheless. That it's made to be played by multiple players is in the difficulty name, having a notification pop up to tell you that each time would actually be annoying, to me at least.
TheVileOne
Why is this necessary? What problem would it solve? Who accidentally plays a TAG map?