forum

Ranked Big Combo Maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Andrii Flext
Some people, what are not good mappers try to do a map and make very big combos, but they shouldn't be bigger than 15, so if you are a new mmapper, please do not do big combo maps
lewski
lol
abraker
food for discussion: What are some justifications for making larger-than-normal combo (whatever normal is)?
Zelzatter Zero

abraker wrote:

food for discussion: What are some justifications for making larger-than-normal combo (whatever normal is)?
for me I used that to represent the strong sounds playing repeatedly in 8th notes but not too significant in the section to NC everything.
DeletedUser_13957006

abraker wrote:

dunno
WitherMite
I usually use NC to signify distinct musical ideas so if a single idea goes on for longer than normal the combo will be longer than normal.

An example would a 16th note run of equally important notes/sounds that goes on longer than a measure.
TheKingHenry

abraker wrote:

1. larger-than-normal phrase in the music (for example also something that could be having significantly longer combo even with normal NCing logic, think of for example streams in 7/4)
  2. conceptual NC logic to complement a song
Mainly those two for me personally. I'm not too big on one-off instances of massively bigger combo than anything else for example. Typically that stuff would supposedly fall under the first point, but if it's completely one-off, it likely just really actually doesn't - of course with possible exceptions. Anyhow, if done well and fitting to the song, this kinda thing is fine too for me (as per the first point).