forum

Playing Osu! Without an internet connection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
Simply sucks!

Method A: Play while logged in. You start Osu. The main screen comes up, kinda. You wait ~60 seconds until it says "a connection could not be established". Then you select play/edit. Edit is fine. If you click play, beware another ~60 second delay. Ok, play mode loaded! Select a song/map. Oh noez, another ~60 second delay! Okay! Song/map selected. Start. Now we're rolling. Finish your map, return to menu...~60 secs. Select a song/map, another ~60 secs. BOOOOOO!

Method B: Play while logged out. You start Osu, comes right up, select play, all good. Pick a song/map, minimal delay of about ~10 seconds while it tries to retrieve scores. Start playing. But be sure you only use your mouse! If you touch the X or Z key, a login prompt pops up. And the map isn't paused either, it continues. Click "play offline", hit X/Z again. GAH! Another login prompt!

Bad game, Peppy. You made Osu! unplayable for me while I was internet-less. :cry:
Aegis_old
I've never experienced any of those problems, and I place Osu! offline all the time.
peppy
That's kind've good to know actually. I did quite a bit of testing with no internet connection so I was a bit surprised to hear eiji's problems. I *will* look into this though, when I get back into a location I can actually do dev work.