forum

Mania Map Generator V1.7 for Osu!Mania (Chords, JS, HS, Brackets, Streams, Stairs)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Baio
Abandoned For the Time Being
[========== Download V1.7 ==========]
Click Here To Go to MediaFire

Outdated tutorial, use the tutorial spoiler below. I will work on an updated vid soon.
Tutorial Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFmis_Woh8
Tutorial
  1. Download and extract from the zip
  2. It will be just one file. Run it and you will be prompt with selecting a map file. Locate your osu Song folder. The path will be very similar to the path at the top of the image but you will have a different username of course.
  3. Use the search bar to find the song you want. Unfortunately windows will take a minute if you have a ton of maps.
  4. Choose a pattern and answer the prompts until you choose a bpm and the window auto closes.
  5. Open the game and locate the map you made. If you can't find it, press F5 and it should find it. If that still didn't work try F5 and "Let's do it!".
  6. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I will try to help.

What is this?
This is a converter I made that works for 4k, 6k, and 7k. It takes an existing map and generates a new diff of the map with a desired pattern. Once you run it, locate and select a .osu file. You are then prompted to choose a pattern and optionally, additional options. You also have the option to give the generated chart a custom diff name, otherwise it will be named after the pattern you chose.

4k Patterns
  1. Chord/Jack
  2. Jumpstream
  3. Handstream
  4. Brackets
  5. Single streams (you can add in trills too)

7k Patterns
  1. Chord/Jack
  2. Brackets
  3. Layered/single stairs

You also have the options to customize it a bit more.
Chord/jack Map Options
If you choose to specify the chord distributions, then you will get to choose the percentage that each sized chord will appear. For example, on 4k you can set it to have 50% singles, 30% jumps, 20% hands, and 0% quads.

Jumpstream Map Options
If you choose to specify the percentage of split chords, you will be prompted for a number 0-100. 0 meaning 0% chance of generating a split chord and 100 being only split chords. Split chords are chords with notes in non-neighboring columns. 100% will be more messy where as 0% will be more jack based.

Handstream Map Options
Same as jumpstream options. Some things to note, however:
1) The generation follows this pattern: single, double, single, triple
2) Split chords only refers to doubles in handstream pattern.
3) If you think the doubles are being placed on the same hand too much, try higher percentage for split chords

Bracket Map Options
For 4k you get to choose the missing note percentage. The less missing notes, the more dense it will be. For 7k you get to choose the generator. This is because the algorithm for brackets, in my opinion, isn't as good as the algorithm for layered stairs in terms of bracketness.

Single Stream Map Options
You get to choose if you want trills mixed in. You then get to choose the percentage of trills showing up if you chose to include them.

Layered Stairs Map Options
Imagine a single stair pattern. Now take 1 to 4 stair patterns and stick them on top of each other. I recommend 2 if you want to practice stairs. 3 and 4 just become brackets because of the density.

After that you are given the option to specify a max bpm (charted as quarter notes). This is because things like 8th note jacks on a 200 bpm song are not fun, but if you disagree than you can skip this option. I recommend always setting the max bpm(even if its the same as the songs bpm) but feel free to try things out and see what you like. Also, there is randomness involved in generating maps so running it more than once will produce different results.
I recommend always going about +5 bpm higher than what you want to avoid math rounding errors

WARNING
If you experience a warning that the download or file is not safe to run, don't be alarmed. It's a C++ exe compiled in release mode to keep the file size small and it usually triggers that as a result. The complete project's source code can be found on Github here if you wish to compile it yourself or contribute new features.

6k isn't really supported and hasn't been tested other than chords pattern ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KNOWN BUGS
  1. Attempting to load a file with non-ascii (non-english letters) it will crash the program
  2. If you try to overwrite an existing diff on a map, it will work but leave the star level the same. So you can end up with 10* maps that are truly 3*. You can work around this by deleting a diff first if you really want that diff name or by choosing a custom diff name via the options.
  3. Although I cannot reproduce it, I have seen a bug where opening a freshly made map in the editor causes lag or even crashing. I have not experienced any lasting negative side effects though so it shouldn't be of any worry. The program only modifies the .osu file you selected and nothing else, so there should not be any harm to your game other than what I have mentioned.

Future Plans
I plan to add more patterns for 7k. It's just kind of tricky to think of a good algorithm :D hence why I have put it off.

Planned patterns:
  1. Single Streams 7k
  2. Chordstream 7k
  3. Possibly better Jacks
  4. Delay
  5. Tech 4k, no promises
  6. Test working with LN
  7. Hand and jump stream with jump trills mixed in
pepperoni
Baio back at it again

This is a based converter this is actually really fun to use
Vysion
c++98 user
Adagium
This baio guy seems pretty based i wonder who he is
Tachyon
I APPROVE
- Bliss -
based
abraker

Baiohazado wrote:

If it's that big of an issue and you still want it then I can post the Github link to the source code,
open source projects are recommended, so if possible, do release the code
Topic Starter
Baio

abraker wrote:

do release the code
here you go
post has also been edited 👍
[KOL]
Thanks for a based converter baio, I can be self sufficient without mappers now, yay!
VanillaKeksik
Nice
aurusei
real and true
SoRaKee
this piques my interest
-coro-
YeBeaseT21
would be cool if there were more options but this is still pretty neat