forum

Is it possible to have a slight "Diff Spike" in a (For Ranked) Mapset?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Markus-
Note: This is regarding the mapset I have recently submitted for pending

Link: beatmapsets/1353157#osu/2974584

Don't wanna make it too complicated however it has been on my mind regarding whether or not all difficulties (Like Easy or Hard) is necessary for a set to be considered completed

Asking because the lowest difficulty (around 2*) is in contrast to the next diff, which is 2* above the normal diff. This was slightly frustrating because I assumed this would count as a "Diff spike" which could potentially lower the chances of getting my map ranked. (Not that it's likely unrankable according to the highest diff)
DeletedUser_13957006

bbanda0003 wrote:

Don't wanna make it too complicated however it has been on my mind regarding whether or not all difficulties (Like Easy or Hard) is necessary for a set to be considered completed
a hard diff IS required, as it creates too much of a gap between normal and insane otherwise. to put it short, it's unrankable in its current state

also, the term "diff spike" refers to a totally different thing to what are you saying here
Topic Starter
Markus-

Aiq wrote:

bbanda0003 wrote:

a hard diff IS required, as it creates too much of a gap between normal and insane otherwise. to put it short, it's unrankable in its current state

also, the term "diff spike" refers to a totally different thing to what are you saying here
Ah, I see. Should've refered to it as "Diff Gap" instead, thanks