forum

GhostX

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
foulcoon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
Ehh I'll play
adam2046
I really can't tell if this is an MMO (well I mean the usual kind), seriously at first glance I can't find anything on the site indicating that besides the gameplay trailer and even then it's because there's more than one person and that's it, so either the trailer sucks (which it kinda does since it only shows fighting (which is really boring for a trailer when it's the same thing over and over)) or this is really damn original.
If it is, I'd most probably play this if it would run on my laptop (which chances are it doesn't...)

Is there no long range in this? So it's all beat 'em up gameplay (I <3 Dynasty Warriors so I wouldn't complain anyway.)
But I started playing Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine a like a week ago, I'd rather not play if it is an MMO.

Do you guys play anything for more than a couple of months?

Edit: eh, I'll DL anyway if it's way more fun than Mega Ten (which is quite empty anyway and lag made it hard sometimes) I'll play it instead.
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
Well.

Super Synchro
The grind in this is horrendous if you play it like a normal MMO. The system is some kind of deal called Super Synchro, where everyday at 9am CST, you get 5x exp and item drops, until you finish your portion of SS. Generally, this is about 50k experience points, I think it slightly increases as you get higher in level.

When you first start a character, you're under Super Synchro, so the exp from killing seems pretty normal. Once you run out, you will get about 20-30 exp per mob (you get experience as you deal damage, not for killing).

What this all boils down to is a system that makes it difficult to advance too far in one day, but will continually allow you to advance at a reasonable pace. You should be able to get at least 1-2 levels a day past level 7, just from synchro and a bit of grinding. For a reasonably low level example, it took me about 2 hours to gather 19k exp to finish off level 10.

A typical level consists of
- New missions (which grant you a one time exp bonus on completion)
- Mission quests (which generally are worth a huge chunk of exp)
- Normal quests (a small portion of your overall exp, but still a lot better than grinding)
- Hidden quests (these have to be sought out, there aren't too many though. An example is the quest in Sealing Room 3 in mission 4.)
- Grinding (generally about 33-50% of a level, a good portion of this will be dealt with quickly with SS)

Materials
Selling materials is a pretty shoddy way of making money. You're probably better off just holding on to them to craft nanos. There are some nanos which can only be gotten through a combination, and those ingredients will probably force you to craft nanos through recipes.

Oh yeah, if you need materials for one of your scrub nanos, you can shoot me a whisper and I'll see if I can't help you out. Lower levels have trouble accumulating Drak wing hides and X Spirit engines. I don't have trouble getting those.

Accumulating Wealth
A good deal of your money will probably come from quests and crystal sales (Piece of Wind/Fire/Darkness/etc). If you need more, selling recipes is (or was) a good method of getting some cash quickly. Bosses generally are where you'll get your recipes. Some goodselling recipes are Musashi, which are the level 10 duals, and Red Wing, which are the level 13 duals. Lorelei might be another one, but those two are pretty much king for now. If you want a musashi yourself, just combine shit to get one, the recipe isn't really worth the materials it needs. A Red Wing must be crafted though.

General Nanobot Information

Knife (the two handed sword) - These weapons are generally pretty slow, but they have quite a few launching attacks. They have the highest base attack power, and most of their skill damage is pretty mediocre. There are some knife combination types, which can transform into a gun, such as Magnum, the evolution of a Proto at level 12. Guns are pretty good, but they are a bit difficult and awkward to use. Knives dominate PvP, if you go into PvP with someone and they aren't using a knife, they are either really good, or really bad.

Sword (the one hander) - Pretty solid weapons, a little weird to use at first, but they have a few strengths unavailable to the other weapon types. The Air type swords specialize in ground combat as well as air - a typical attack chain with Bright Thunder, the level 5 sword nano, is using the Q skill to send yourself and the enemy into the air, doing a short aerial attack chain quickly followed by the W skill to force yourself underneath your opponent, more basic attacks while juggling your opponent, then E skill to add in a bit more damage, finally finished with the R skill, which can hit grounded opponents. In PvP, this chain can be lengthened to add in more basic attacks after the E skill, and will generally eat 70% of someone's life if you can get the entire thing off. The special type swords specialize in stuns. Lorelei is the first one, and is an excellent tool for bosses, most of which are vulnerable to stun effects.

Claws - Pretty fun and powerful weapons. Limited AoE capability, but they are pretty damn good at juggling an opponent. Most claws give a bonus to your defense, so you are generally much more resilient with a claw. The dash attack is really bad though, never use that shit. I'm not a claw user, so I can't go into much more detail.

Duals - Very balanced weapons. They don't really juggle at all, but their skills have low cooldown and low GP cost, and have reasonable AoE ability. Combination types can transform into a doublesaber, which benefit from higher base attack and some ranged capability through skills. I haven't ventured too far down here either, so I can't say much.

The grind in this game is really bad, but there is a lot more to the game than you can see at level 5, 10, or even 15. Some nanos can play support roles: the Hani Wing, which is now called something else in the english version, it's the yellow version of the red wing, has a proc that can heal you as you attack. The kicker is, it can activate while wielding another weapon, so just having it on standby is enough. Volcanics, a claw, has a buff which basically sets everyone in the area of effect's weapons on fire, increasing their damage.

Also, if you're a bigtime lorefag, I hear the missions get pretty interesting later on, but eh.
James
i'll pass, imma wait for dragon nest :)
Zatoichi
Well now, this game doesn't seem so bad after Ival explains it.

I'll give it a shot.
Zerostarry
Don't grind too hard, there might be a wipe when it moves over.

There will almost definatly be a transfer of hosts, because GameNGame never seem to keep a game for long.
The most likely candidate for the next host is GameKiss, and there is a chance that they wont be able to transfer our characters with it.

Technically this is Open Beta, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up about keeping your char.
Source: http://www.onrpg.com/boards/128795-77/
Two_old
Ryuukun
i'm pretty bored of it.
Nice fight system but it still didn't got me
Rolled
two more levels until kerberos zzzzzzz

Evolution chart
Combination chart
Cube chart
Zatoichi
YellowerYoshi
Ah, what the heck. I'll download and try this thing, I have nothing better to do since I'm graduating this Friday and don't really have much planned for summer.

EDIT: Eh... I gave it a try but it's not really all that entertaining to me...
awp

Ivalset wrote:

Super Synchro
The grind in this is horrendous if you play it like a normal MMO. The system is some kind of deal called Super Synchro, where everyday at 9am CST, you get 5x exp and item drops, until you finish your portion of SS. Generally, this is about 50k experience points, I think it slightly increases as you get higher in level.
I like the sound of this way of dealing with grindfests.
James
i think thats one way of preventing players to stay in front of their PCs 24/7
Two_old
Please keep in mind that GhostX is currently in Closed-beta test state and

will begin its Open-beta service within some months period.

At the point of an Open-beta service, it will be served on http://www.gamekiss.com

- Ultimate& Exciting game world and the character records and stats can be wiped.
But your efforts and sencere feedbacks for GhostX, will be rewarded at that time.

Also here are some titles:

Hunting Expert - 10 nanobots registered by level 10 (requires level 10)
HP+360
Spirit Defense Rating+9

Pro Nanobot Hunter - 20 nanobots registered by level 15 (requires level 15)
Defense Rate+120

Passionate Nanobot Collector - 25 nanobots registered by level 20 (requires level 20)
Physical Attack Rating+25
GP+2
HP+360

I was hoping the level 20 one required 30 to be registered :(
Rolled
Necropost to see if anybody still plays this. Recently re-started on the gamekiss server and it's all the same deal. It's occupying me for the time being.

IGN is Lunesta
Ivalset
Wow, ghostx? Are you serious, bro? Grindfest 2009?
Rolled
Dude weren't you like level 20 in the first week of beta

I seen some level 50 today with a white tiger nanobot. When it's inactive you mount a tiger. It's pretty.

But no, I always liked the game. I just thought there would be a wipe so I forgot about it. I decided to pick it up again (and turns out they didn't even wipe - you could transfer your characters) It's a time-killer but soloing missions is boring :(
Ivalset
Yeah, I bet it is. Is it still retarded where you have synchro for X amount of exp, then it's balls to the wall grinding until the next day, basically forcing you to go outside?
Rolled
you can always level nanos~