forum

Continue Song After Failing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
nexus247
Please could we have a feature where you can choose to continue playing a beatmap after failing? Once you fail, No Fail is enabled and you continue where you 'died'. That's it. The easier and quicker it is to continue playing the better.

Hey you, Reader, please let me know your thoughts!
THAT_otaku
This already exists, in the song select menu, click mods -> NoFail. This will enable the no fail mod, and you can continue playing after you fail :)
Topic Starter
nexus247

THAT_otaku wrote:

This already exists, in the song select menu, click mods -> NoFail. This will enable the no fail mod, and you can continue playing after you fail :)
Hi thanks for your comment. To clarify, I am suggesting that a user can play a song without No Fail enabled to begin with. Then, after you die there is some kind of 'continue playing' button which enables no fail and begins the song where you had died.
abraker
So what will be the point of nofail then?

Anyway, duplicate community/forums/topics/98925
JustABeginner

nexus247 wrote:

THAT_otaku wrote:

Hi thanks for your comment. To clarify, I am suggesting that a user can play a song without No Fail enabled to begin with. Then, after you die there is some kind of 'continue playing' button which enables no fail and begins the song where you had died.
I should add up here though it is marked duplicate:
It's really complicated. It ruins the score multiply. Why not activate no-fail mod in the first place?
Topic Starter
nexus247

abraker wrote:

So what will be the point of nofail then?

Anyway, duplicate community/forums/topics/98925
If you don't fail, you would get a standard ranked score, 'untainted' by the No Fail mod.

I also think that marking the post duplicate against a 9 year old post is a little unfair and the idea deserves a new discussion.
aiq
no it doesnt deserve a new discussion because this idea is totally pointless

it defeats the purpose of a HP bar to begin with. it can also make score calculation unnecessarily complicated along with score submission and pp calculation (on ranked maps).

just play with nofail and make it easier for both of us
Topic Starter
nexus247

Aiq wrote:

no it doesnt deserve a new discussion because this idea is totally pointless

it defeats the purpose of a HP bar to begin with. it can also make score calculation unnecessarily complicated along with score submission and pp calculation (on ranked maps).

just play with nofail and make it easier for both of us
The score would use already developed logic. For example, if you failed and 'continued' your score would be the same as though you had enabled No Fail at the beginning. The HP bar is still relevant because you need to keep yourself alive to have a valid ranked score.
JustABeginner

nexus247 wrote:

For example, if you failed and 'continued' your score would be the same as though you had enabled No Fail at the beginning.
This is complicated, my friend.

---

If you choose No Fail mod in the beginning, play it until the end.

If you don't choose No Fail mod in the beginning, play it until the end.

---

There's no such thing as enabling mod during the gameplay. If you're not confident to pass a map, try playing it with No Fail mod or check out the map through the editor. If you want to continue playing after the part you fail, you can actually go through editor and select that part section using the editor. Click here for a tutorial.

---

The reason why this idea is not that great because:
1.) It has alternatives. You either play with No Fail mod or without it in the beginning. Or perhaps some that I mentioned above.
2.) Making the score calculation even tougher and so as the PP recaculation just like Aiq said.

---

I wonder what are you trying to say here since it's really no effect to the "mod" you said.