forum

change pending beatmaps to either unsubmitted or unranked [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hayden_old
it is a lot less weirder named that way :D
TheVileOne
Doesn't it already do this?

This isn't a Tech Support issue. I don't understand what you want so I wont mark right away. You have your chance to explain yourself.
Soaprman
Changing the name of the "Pending" beatmap status (whether in the board, on the beatmap list, or ingame?) to "Unsubmitted" or "Unranked". Maybe the word "Pending" is confusing to non-native speakers. I have no idea.

"Unsubmitted" makes no sense because you have to press a button labeled "submit" to get a beatmap onto the site. "Unranked" is ambiguous; there are multiple categories (Pending, WIP, Graveyard) that contain unranked maps.

The Pending category is for finished maps that are pending ranking. The WIP (Work In Progress) board is for unfinished maps of all types, and the Graveyard is where Pending or WIP maps go if left alone for about a month.
MillhioreF
Yeah, I don't see this happening in any form, sorry! Perhaps changing the term "pending" would be valid, but both of your suggestions are undoubtedly a step back from what's already there, as explained in Soaprman's post. Marking this invalid.