forum

osu! Public Release (b20130509)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
In order to push updates more regularly, it is important to me that the update system doesn't piss the user off. I've spend a bit of time reworking it to ensure this is the case. From the next version, you will notice the new update system in action, which will almost never force you to restart osu! unless you are willing to. Also in this build is a fix for all most previously broken replays, and the ability to spectate someone who is spectating someone else.

I've been spending a lot of my time recently on the new modding system, which is coming along quite nicely. Expect more client-side updates once that is finished!
Ekaru
I didn't like sometimes having to restart osu! so this seems like an excellent update.
Kuro
FIRST

Nice update btw :3
The updater is a lot more friendly with osu! now

Edit: Ninja'd by Ekaru :P
Hika
I appreciate this update so much more than others.

oh my goodness this is amazing
MillhioreF
Great update! Replays still aren't 100% accurate, but the breaking is much more mitigated than it was before. Of course, the main feature is the unobtrusive future updating, which is <3
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
first page.
Topic Starter
peppy

MillhioreF wrote:

Great update! Replays still aren't 100% accurate, but the breaking is much more mitigated than it was before. Of course, the main feature is the unobtrusive future updating, which is <3
They should be 100% accurate. If not, please report with specific cases.
ProSauce

peppy wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

They should be 100% accurate. If not, please report with specific cases.
Haven't looked extensively, but Cookiezi's replay on Big Black still breaks at 532 combo, when he fced it.
Topic Starter
peppy
This looks like a different bug, but i'll look into it.
TheVileOne
peppy adding awesome things as always. I'm looking forwards to the more frequent updates.
DeletedUser_613592
z
Antero
very good, don't need to beat a map to disable bg,skin,etc anymore. :)
Deni_Louise
Is this only available for Supporters for now? :?:
XPJ38

Antero wrote:

Wait what? I still have to:

Antero

XPJ38 wrote:

Antero wrote:

Wait what? I still have to:

strange, i don't have to :S

http://puu.sh/2PKwm.jpg
pielak213
­
Antero
It's gotta be a supporter-only thing then, i just tried playing offline and it doesnt work anymore.
dubbear

peppy wrote:

the ability to spectate someone who is spectating someone else.
spectateception!
iMirai_old
Awesome!
Thatgooey

pielak213- wrote:

I don't have to. Is this feature intended or just a bug? If it is a bug then this should be super low on the priority list because it is a good bug ;p
What bug? Nothing wrong here, move along, just ignore pielak, he's drunk hahaha... game is working just fine *whistles* yap, nothing to see here.
show more