forum

Is taiko a easy game??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adachi-Sakura
I've only been playing taiko for 1.5 hours and have almost 1k pp and have an 89pp play, in osu!standard it took me over 2 months.

Is that normal?
roufou
taiko is really easy to get pp on at lower levels. pp does not mean the game itself is easier or harder imo.

However, I'd like to mention that taiko is by far the hardest mode to get high pp amounts on. (however this will change in the future, more than likely)

Anyways, it's normal to get a lot of pp at lower levels, yes.

As for whether taiko is an easy game, that is very subjective. Some people can't get into taiko at all cause it's too intimidating and "hard" to understand. While others find it to possibly be the easiest mode to get good at.

imo taiko is harder to learn than any mode in osu. But once you learn it, I feel like it's quite easy to get decent. However competing in taiko I feel like is ridiculously hard, cause the game is kinda "limited", causing speed to be a huge limiting factor etc...

of course that is just my opinion.
Topic Starter
Adachi-Sakura

Mikaruge wrote:

taiko is really easy to get pp on at lower levels. pp does not mean the game itself is easier or harder imo.

However, I'd like to mention that taiko is by far the hardest mode to get high pp amounts on. (however this will change in the future, more than likely)

Anyways, it's normal to get a lot of pp at lower levels, yes.

As for whether taiko is an easy game, that is very subjective. Some people can't get into taiko at all cause it's too intimidating and "hard" to understand. While others find it to possibly be the easiest mode to get good at.

imo taiko is harder to learn than any mode in osu. But once you learn it, I feel like it's quite easy to get decent. However competing in taiko I feel like is ridiculously hard, cause the game is kinda "limited", causing speed to be a huge limiting factor etc...

of course that is just my opinion.
Thanks for the long and detailed answer
DeletedUser_4050493
I think u need to play actual Taiko beatmap instead of auto-convert to get the real experience of playing Taiko (just my personal opinion because I don't play auto-convert on any mode)
also for me Taiko is the hardest mode from all I tried
mulraf
i think it depends on you. i play all modes and for me mania is the hardest. but i know many people who tried all modes and play mania really really well but struggle with... idk... catch or whatever. it's because these modes require different skills (at different levels). and they have different learning curves.

the one big difference i noticed in taiko was that the 'walls' where extremely noticeable. of course those are not precise but i was able to clearly pinpoint what i need to be able to do to advance. and it was always after those exact acomplishments i got a big boost in skill. other modes were much more linear / less bumpy for me. was pretty interesting imho.
i agree with kyunshi btw, you should play more specifics - a rule for every gamemode. in standard you just have the 'comfort' of there being no converted maps so you don't fall into that trap. (some people say converts in catch are good and important - personally i disagree. just wanted to note that).
_Kancho_
i think taiko is somewhat hard to master because of sightreading by color recognition, in contrast to note position in other modes.
ArztVielfrass
I breezed through Kantan and Futsuu relatively fast. Muzukashii is my preferred difficulty, anything high than that intimidates me, leaving me with no possible understanding to progress(seriously, how do I get better, someone help). I find Kantan and Futsuu too easy, there's enough spacing to prepare for the next pattern. The leap from Muzukashii and Oni is huge, the spacing is practically nonexistent, drum patterns you can hit in isolation suddenly becomes hard to read without the spacing between them.

Example:
d.d.k - - - k.k.d - - - k.d.k - - - d.k.d
Very easy~!

d.d.k.k.k.d.k.d.k.d.k.d
Suddenly hard to read because from the lack of spacing
DeletedUser_4050493
have u tried really really slow Oni? like below 140 and commit to not randomly mashing instead try to read and learn how to hit the pattern which took me quite long (me full-alting might make the learning harder)
Aiery
Taiko is hell
dracobuster
Taiko is full of rhythms that you have to learn to get used to and find your way to better play them. When people say there are walls there most certainly are a few. from 3 star to 4, 4 to 5, 5 to 6, and so on. The first wall between muzukashi and oni I found was the wall of hesitation at least for me. I kept finding myself hitting one pattern only to not read the next and hit the wrong notes. I just needed to continue to keep the flow of reading and playing.

Taiko has a lot of hidden skills you probably don't know you need, but it will teach you if you keep playing. Now that I started on 6 stars and analyzed what I was missing I'm going back to previous 5 star maps I found were "too fast" only to realize its not that they were too fast, but I was just missing the piece needed for that puzzle.
kolishimona
YES