forum

My Beatmap Suddenly changed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
saucers
Hey guys so I recently made a beatmap and I created 2 difficulties. ( Easy and Normal ) The next day I went to my beatmap and saw an update button so I updated and every changed and now I want to revert it but I don't know how, I tried reverting to last saved but it was no use.
WitherMite
unfortunately unless you had a backup you cant get it back from what I know.

that update button shows up whenever the uploaded beatmap is different from the one on your client, and there isnt a separate button for your own maps, so it shows update instead of what you're actually doing: replacing with an older version of the map. don't ever press it on your own map.
Zelzatter Zero
The 'update to latest' updates the map into the latest version in the web, not in-game.

Even if you didn't know that you'll still have a warning beforehand telling that all modification will be resetted. I still can't get over with how people can ignore that.
McEndu

WitherMite wrote:

unfortunately unless you had a backup you cant get it back from what I know.

that update button shows up whenever the uploaded beatmap is different from the one on your client, and there isnt a separate button for your own maps, so it shows update instead of what you're actually doing: replacing with an older version of the map. don't ever press it on your own map.
Follow this advice closely and you can get version control chaos if you happen to map with multiple devices