forum

Should I buy the CTL4100 or the CTL472

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yoitsbobi
Hello, I am a 6 months osu! player and I would certainly like some help on my first tablet, I have been searching on reddit and others about some general opinion about the Wacom CTL4100, lots of people say it has a lot of lag, others say its a great tablet and comparable to the CTL/H480. Some people say that the CTL472 is better than the CTL4100, but not really much arguments defending their position, they say its cheap, and its pen is very plastic-like, unlike the CTL4100, which has a better pen, this confuses me a lot on which tablet to buy.
Adrad
rqm
As someone who has played with both, I think the 472 is definintely the better tablet here. As to which pen is better, I can't tell the difference since i used tennis grip tape on both pens so they felt similar
yukane_
personally, I havent used the 4100, but the 472 is very good. If the 472 is in ur price range then its the one I would recommend over every tablet except the ctl-480. like I said tho, havent used the 4100, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :<
Flominator
Not CTC4100/WL, but bought the CTC4110WL today the successor.

What worked for me:
Android Lazer. Cable/BT + wacom app setting area with limited choise. no smoothing or delay. Overlay is still buggy. I think thats an issue on all wacom tablets used on android rn. Even ones that ship device inbuilt such as the EPEN WACOM G9PLL on Samsung Note 10.1 2014 are effected.

On Windows I cant speak for the wacom driver on Windows, i didnt test it.
OpenTabletDriver works great with usb-c cable, no smoothing or delay (No BT support here. obviously)

dont belive everything here ^^
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DYVfiSpQqdpa4sWWYUALPmliOIuGyKog7B7LJJdmlhE/edit?gid=2077726645#gid=2077726645