forum

How do I get rid of mindblock on maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jkzu123
I have a severe mindblock on multiple maps (mostly Volcanic), and I literally am not able to play it, how would I get rid of it or make the mindblock a little less?
Zelzatter Zero
Pklay more maps, put on Mirror mode, adjust your scroll speed, play with the skin that has opposite scroll direction a.k.a anything that can force you to not rely on muscle memory.

If those don't help, consider taking a break as well.
[LS]PositoniX
whats up quadraphninix man

i heard that playing while you're tired can help decrease the effect of some mindblocks, though it also obviously makes your session worse. you can also try mirror, but if that doesnt work your best bet is to just not play the map for a few days or maybe couple of weeks to forget your bad muscle memory.
Yuzuki-
As PositioniX suggested, I usually take a few days to even a few weeks break from a mind blocked map. I'd say to mirror if the map is bias to your weaker hand or has a pattern you feel more comfortable playing in a certain direction

Another thing is rating down the map, you might notice bad habits and be able to correct them while down rated.

If it's just not happening and it becomes frustrating, resetting the foundation with a break is probably your best bet. Though make it a true break don't keep thinking about the map while you're taking a break from it.

Best of luck to you! o-ob
bananahira

LilYuzuki12 wrote:

As PositioniX suggested, I usually take a few days to even a few weeks break from a mind blocked map. I'd say to mirror if the map is bias to your weaker hand or has a pattern you feel more comfortable playing in a certain direction

Another thing is rating down the map, you might notice bad habits and be able to correct them while down rated.

If it's just not happening and it becomes frustrating, resetting the foundation with a break is probably your best bet. Though make it a true break don't keep thinking about the map while you're taking a break from it.

so... How do you deal with a mindblock if you recently come from a break?
DeltaNami

bananahira wrote:

LilYuzuki12 wrote:

so... How do you deal with a mindblock if you recently come from a break?
It's quite the opposite actually. Breaks are usually the best way I get rid of mindblock. When you spend too much time on a pattern it gets mindblocked and becomes harder to read or play. That said, the longer you don't play that pattern and forget about it, the easier it will become. Take for example my mindblock on Kai Dan. Kept getting consistent 95% scores and couldn't get any higher, didn't play it for multiple months, came back and got 97.5. I just didn't play it for so long that I forgot why I had mindblocked it and was just able to play it regularly.

So maybe stop playing the same maps over and over and play a variety instead. Also don't constantly retry as that leads to the same thing. Play through it a single time and if it doesn't seem to go well that day, play it another time.

(Also don't play the same mindblocked map or pattern right after a break and wait until you're actually derusted to give it another go. Assuming you gave it enough of a break that is.)
pofnkul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-nu4Wvn3n0&t=1852s 1 hour interview

tldr: find where your technique faults you and then try to force yourself to hit the pattern properly until that gets integrated into ur technique.
Hoshimegu Mio
Wow necro.
pofnkul
yeah ik